Scheduled TVH Anyone have TVH with rectocele and cystocele repair? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have TVH with rectocele and cystocele repair? Anyone have TVH with rectocele and cystocele repair?

Unread 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Anyone have TVH with rectocele and cystocele repair?

Hi ladies! Did any of you have all three at the same time? I'm just wondering if that's going to have a huge affect on my surgery time and also my recovery. I have to worry about vagina healing along with urinating....and, of course, BMs. Never thought I would have to worry about this stuff...especially at the same time. Kind of throwing myself a Pitt party
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Re: Anyone have TVH with rectocele and cystocele repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgster View Post
Hi ladies! Did any of you have all three at the same time? I'm just wondering if that's going to have a huge affect on my surgery time and also my recovery. I have to worry about vagina healing along with urinating....and, of course, BMs. Never thought I would have to worry about this stuff...especially at the same time. Kind of throwing myself a Pitt party
Hi Borgster - I had the same op 10 weeks ago and have never felt better. Everyone is different and my uterus was larger than expected and I also lost a lot of blood so I was in surgery for over 4 hours. I am in the UK so was automatically signed off from work for 6 weeks, with no driving and 'nothing in the vagina for 6 week'. At my 6 week check-up, I had to have silver nitrate internally and had to wait a further 2 weeks but overall I haven't experienced many issues. I have been back to work part-time for 2 weeks now. Hope this helps but let me know if I can help in any way.
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:28 PM

I will be having that same surgery on March 28. So although I can't answer your question, I can let you know you are not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM

Thanks ladies! Canadianchic, I'll have to keep in touch to let you know how it goes....I'm really looking foward to my pre-op tomorrow....have so many questions!!
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Hi Both - You will both be fine when you get to the other side and all the sisters on this site will be waiting to support you both.

Make a list of all the questions you want to ask but, to be honest, the surgery wasn't as bad as I anticipated and you'll soon be recovering and looking forward to the future. Remember to rest and listen to your bodies, drink water and let yourselves be pampered.

We're all routing for you.

Hugs

Sue
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM

Borgster: I am having the same repairs done on the 29th and my fears are the same! I having enough problems having a BM now without any other issues cropping up (sorry for the TMI). I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM

Not that I would ever wish any of this on anyone else, but it really does help to know that I am not alone. I will be sure to keep in touch with you all!!
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM

I had a TVH, with cystocele, rectocele repair, bladder sling, and vag suspension
4 weeks ago and am doing pretty well! I did start getting my bowels pretty regular pre surgery by taking physillium husk every night for about 2 weeks before, though I was not asked to do a bowel prep pre surgery. Constipation and gas are really the hardest part of recovery, so be prepared...I didn't poop for 6 days post op and was in major pain that finally resulted in an enema. I would start taking Miralax and colace immediately after surgery, if I could have any hindsight suggestions...Milk of Mag made me super crampy and the despite all the prunes, fiber and other remedies, it was rough for a week or so...
other than that, just take it easy, rest, walk when you can, drink lots of fluids and enjoy the down time!
I had major prolapse and even though I am still healing and swollen, I can tell that I do feel better...it doesn't feel like everything is falling! My incontinence issue is much better, though I am reserving all final judgement until I am fully healed. I am 42 and have 3 kids ages 7, 4, and 2 1/2 and thus, the prolapse

It is hard to remember not to lift and get as much as help as possible with food, doing dishes, cleaning, kids, etc. so you can just rest and heal.

Best of luck!
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Kimchi: Thank you for posting. I will be glad to cough or whatever without feeling like I need to hold my insides in!
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:40 PM

I am scheduled for the same procedures plus a sling. The TVH has been scheduled for a few weeks but found out today I will have the other procedures done at the same time. It makes sense to get it all taken care of in one shot but I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Suddenly I can empathize with Humpty Dumpty and I'm only 40 years old. Hopefully my doctor will be able to get me tacked back together so I can go another 40.

Childbirth is sure tuff on the body but I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again. I am so grateful for both of my 8 1/2 lb. babies which are now 16 and 10 years old. Both are beautiful, strong and healthy.

Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery for you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register