Pre-existing medical conditions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-existing medical conditions Pre-existing medical conditions

Unread 02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Re: Pre-existing medical conditions

Hi Christy well got my call from the hospital Robotic Is cleared! Said my last EF was 80% so I guess my ticker is healthier than I thought. Whewww what a relief! It kinda helped me calm down a bit.
So do you know when yours is gonna be scheduled? Hate that you have all the pain but it will all be over soon Thanks so much for the prayers I will be attending church 2morrow haven't been in awhile and I know prayers and positive energy around me with be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Lissy, I haven't scheduled yet, but will do so next month. It'll probably be some time in May. I'm trying to time it right with some things at work. I wish you the best of luck next week. Enjoy your Ash Wednesday!
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:09 AM

Best of luck ladies!!! You are such inspirations to me!! Thank you for sharing all of your stories!!!!!!

Anyone dealt with clotting/bleeding problems and a hysterectomy? My mom had a hysterectomy and ended up with a PE after, and many other clots that stayed in her legs. I also have the clotting problem (MTHFR gene mutation) and a bleeding disorder no one can diagnose. I'm concerned about hemorrhage and/or clots. I also have SVT and panic attacks. Any tips on these?

Thanks sisters!! <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Well ladies 2 more days till the day! I'm kinda in a weird mood sometimes very nervous then calm...I'm worried about the fatigue after surgery because I have chronic fatigue already! Hope you are all doing well
My house is all in order gotta get the kids things together to go to the grandparents for a few days so I will have peace and quite when I 1st come home
WickedinOZ--For the blood issues, I think proper testing should be done prior so they are fully aware of what your specific needs arewith panic attacks I am very familiar with I have read alot about ppl on here having meds to calm them before surgery so thats an option.And Gwenessa probally has more information about the SVT.
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Lissy, I understand about the existing fatigue, and I think mine is due to my POTS (and stress, of course!). I'm hoping to have more energy after my recovery. I wish you well this week!
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM

I am not sure my post will provide you with much support b/c I do not have POTS (or even heard of it before) but I do have preexisting medical conditions (I wont bore you with all of them but tell you the one that I think may relate closest to yours).

I have a bicuspid aortic valve that regurgitates severely. The pressure from this causes my mitral and pulmonic valve to regurgitate as well. I need a valve replacement but because of severe crohn's disease I am not a candidate for a mechanical valve and because of age (33) they don't recommend tissue valve until last minute. I throw pvc's like crazy (my second, and last pregnancy I was throwing between 30,000 to 36,000 a day...no thats not a typo!). When I am not pregnant the holter shows I have around 2400 a day. I had to have two surgeons, gyn/ob and a general, b/c of a mass that had grown into my abdominal muscle that also had to be removed while performing the TAH/BSO. My gyn coordinated most everything. He called and spoke with my cardiologist prior to surgery, then contacted the anesthesiologist, they did an EKG and some test in preop the day of surgery before wheeling me back. Not sure what all b/c they gave me some medicine to help calm me down. It did help, wish it would have helped more lol. I do remember I was so nervous I was shaking uncontrollably once I was in the OR room. But only remember about 2 mins of it and then waking up and all was done and well. It was also cold as heck in there so that I think added to the shaking lol

I live in a small town and opted to drive quite a ways to a larger area. I wont lie the 1.5 hour ride home wasn’t great on the ole incision but it was well worth it! I was driving my husband bonkers too! I have crashed before during a surgery and so I had myself just worked up over this one. In short I would just like to say if you don’t feel like the local hospital is equipped to handle your situation, drive to another one! Good luck to you and hope this helps out 
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:19 AM

Ladies thank you!!
Lissy- I have been through the ringer on blood tests and no one has any idea on what exactly it is, they just know it's there. I'm going to get an EKG for sure before surgery and talk to my doc about the panic attacks. I would love those to go away.

Catgiggles- Thanks for sharing with us. I feel better knowing that you had to coordinate with different doctors. So sorry that you had to go through all of that, but seriously you sharing makes me feel better. I'm looking at different hospitals in the area and battling insurance on that too.

I hope my surgery goes as smoothly as yours did and I won't remember a thing! That would be the best!!!

Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register