TVH Two Days Post-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Days Post-Op Two Days Post-Op

Unread 02-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Two Days Post-Op

Hi all,

My vaginal hysterectomy was on Friday the 17th. That seems so long ago, but its only been 2 days. I'm glad its over and I'm happy to say it all went better than I worried it would. My surgery had been postponed so I was glad the day had finally come. Everyone at the hospital were all so nice and positive, I was very fortunate to have great people taking care of me. My hysterectomy was due to a large fibroid, so it took about 2 hours to get the sucker out. I lost about 3 units of blood in the process, so I think that is what's making me feel kind of yucky today. But as far as surgical pain, I'm having very little. Motrin is all I need. My biggest pain post-op was from gas pain. Before surgery I would always have a week of bloating and gas the week after my period. So of course my surgery date happened to land at about this time. And with anesthesia and surgery, my bowels weren't working, but the gas was in full force with no where to go. I thought the pain was from the surgery, but 2 percocettes later, the pain was worse not better and now it was higher in my belly. I realized the pain was intestinal and got up and started walking just a few hours after surgery. Boy did that help, but the best help was simply taking some gasx, or the equivalent drug whatever its called. Just wanted to pass that on to anyone who is having gas pain, I was miserable until I figured out what the problem was. Now I'm home and looking forward to getting a little better each day. Thanks to everyone on this site for sharing and being so supportive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Re: Two Days Post-Op

So glad to hear that you are feeling so well in such short order. Just a caution - when you feel so good, it is easy to forget how much internal healing is still required, and to then do too much. You have started out with such a gift in your recovery that you sure would not want to set yourself back. So, keep sticking with your doctor's orders about lifting restrictions and wait until you are cleared for sex. Keep that good recovery going!
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Re: Two Days Post-Op

Thanks Carole Ann, I will keep what you said in mind. I do have a tendency to overdo, but I don't want to take any steps backward either if I can help it. I have a lot of helpers too, so I will let them do their thing. Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register