Pink discharge, 10 days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pink discharge, 10 days post-op Pink discharge, 10 days post-op

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Pink discharge, 10 days post-op

First post, but I've been lurking for a while! I'm 10 days post-op from LSH, kept both ovaries and cervix. Just wondering how long this pink discharge is going to last because I'm getting tired of it. I've been wearing just a pantyliner, but the discharge is never on it, just on the toilet paper and I can see it when I look in the toilet. It looks kind of stringy. I just want to be pad/pantyliner free after going through all this--just want to know that it will end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Re: Pink discharge, 10 days post-op

I will be 2 weeks Post Op tomorrow and I have had a spotting since surgery on 2-7-12 LAVH/BSO/Anterior Needleless Bladder Tot Sling. My doctor said I will also have some pinkish around the 2-3 week mark because of stitches dissolving and that is what it sounds like to me. I know the feeling I am so ready to not have a Pad or Pantiliner on after going through all this!!! Maybe one of the other Hysters can give us some input on when the spotting/discharge ends?
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM

I am 3 weeks post-op tomorrow and still have it. Definitely more when I do too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:25 AM

I am still having pink spotting also. Not much reaching the pantyliner but on the toilet paper. With just a little cramping. So ready for this to be done with.
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:34 AM

I guess this is normal then. I did get out and go to church yesterday, then walked a little outside so did more than usual. Maybe that's why there seems to be more today. I'm really just tired of being tired! So happy I found this site, everyone is really great.
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:09 AM

I'm 15 days post op, and really glad to see that I'm not alone with this. No one told me what to expect. Wow... it would have been helpful! Mine is light, faint pink, too... I had my ovaries and tubes removed in September, and then after pre cancer cells were found in my uterus, I opted for the surgery this month. Im grateful for the surgeon's skill both times, and honestly, for paying attention to my own body's warnings before it became cancer. But this spotting/staining... all right already! We just need to hang in there :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register