tilted uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tilted uterus tilted uterus

Unread 02-21-2012, 12:51 AM
tilted uterus

i have been told in the past that my uterus tilts backwards. I am scheduled for hysterectomy next month and i read somewhere that some people have to have abdominal because of this. Does anyone else know anything about this, i am really hoping that i will not have to have abdominal incision!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Re: tilted uterus

My uterus was tilted and I had lavh.

Of course, not everybody is the same.

I was told I'd have to have abdominal hyst if the fibroids were bigger than expected, which wasn't the case.

Good luck, sister!
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM

I have a tilted uterus and I'm scheduled for a TVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM

My doctor made a big deal about my tilted uterus for the past couple of years. She considered a vaginal procedure, but I have never gone through childbirth and my uterus was a bit larger than normal... also I am a coumadin patient and my doctor was concerned about doing the procedure as quickly as possible to avoid bleeding/clotting issues. For all these reasons we did an abdominal.

I want to mention, though, that she started by saying she intended to do a vaginal procedure, and that sounded better to me. I happily planned the surgery date thinking I was avoiding the abdominal, but about a week before the procedure she told me she had changed her mind. I really panicked that last week and wished there were some way to avoid it altogether!

Personally, I think she knew from day one that it would be TAH, but had the foresight to keep me in the dark. In my case I think that was compassionate, because it saved me several weeks of anxiety and squeezed it all into that last week.

I don't regret the abdominal. Besides all the reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph, other people have told me that the old-fashioned way of operating give the doctor the best possible way to see and react to anything unexpected... for that reason many people consider it safer and better than many of the newer techniques.

As long as you have a good relationship with your doctor, I would accept their choice. You can always ask if there are other factors besides the tilting that would also indicate an abdominal procedure in your particular case.

Plenty of us went through it and it really is easier than I thought it would be. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing before and after !
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:12 AM

I had a tilted uterus and I had the da Vinci procedure done, my Dr. never mentioned anything about abdominal surgery. Good luck!
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:46 AM

I have a tilted Uterus but I also have 5 very large fibroids that are too spread out so I am having TAH. I am not happy especially when I heard if my old doctor would have just done this sooner I could have gone another less invasive way. However I do believe that it is happening for a reason and she will be able to what needs to be done. I am very nervous.

Good luck to you! You are not alone. <3
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:32 AM

Tilted uterus too and I had the Da Vinci vaginal hysterectomy..
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:02 AM

Also tilted uterus also I just had a tvh. Lots of luck!
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:07 AM

I had a tilted uterus from everything putting pressure on my uterus. I had a LAVH and that was with adenomyosis and a uterus the size of a 10 week pregnancy (308 grams).
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
tilted uterus

Almost 3 weeks post op had an enlarged &n tilted uterus. Had robot/vaginal surg...so far so good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register