TAH 8 months post-op & exhausted! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 months post-op & exhausted! 8 months post-op & exhausted!

Unread 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM
8 months post-op & exhausted!

Hi everybody. Im hoping someone can shed some light on my current issues, or at least to find out im not alone. I am about 8 months post op of a complete hyster, everything is gone. I am 33 now. I am sooo exhausted all the time. I can't sleep enough. I am on estrace 2mg pills. I take 1 and 1/2 daily. I started out on vivelle patch but my insurance wouldn't help out with the cost. I feel worse in some ways now then I did pre-op. I can't keep my weight down, matter of fact I am slowly gaining weight. The exhaustion and weight gain are driving me crazy. No matter what i eat or count the calories it seems like the number on the scale keeps going up! If nothing else I would like to have some energy back. If any one has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate:confused it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Re: 8 months post-op & exhausted!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I had my TAH 3 days after you and that I am almost going through almost the same thing.

I feel alot better since my hysterectomy, butt my energy levels have yet to fully recover, I feel tired, and sluggish quite often, well except the last week when I broke down and bought a thermogenic to get me by. I still get swelly-belly when I push myself to hard walking/light workouts. And the kicker... I've gained 35 lbs since my surgery, and my eating habits didn't change (until recently and I am eatting 100% clean).

Still in the recovery phase though I guess, hopefully after the year mark things will improve more.
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:47 AM

I appreciate the response. At least i know im not the only one! I just have no will power, no energy, feel like im in a fog most of the time. I feel like a slug everyday! BTW what is a thermogenic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM

Have either of you ladies been checked for hypothyroidism? Just something to check out. Since our hormones are all jacked up. I was hypo before surgery and have actually feel like my pills might be working. Been able to lose 10 pounds so far since January.
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:30 AM

No i've not been checked for thyroid problems, however I have thought that maybe my thyroid is to blame. Might have to get that checked out. Thanks
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM

Hello Ladies

I am soooo glad I found this post. I just sat down to look through some post to see if anyone else has or is going through this so far out from surgery.. Im 7 months post-op and have been really sore and very very tired, to the point where its starting to scare me.. I had some light bleeding awhile back and thought maybe infection going on.. but that has stopped.

I was told about the thyroid as well and will be have a fasting blood work done soon.
Hope you all are doing better, nice knowing Im not alone

Shari
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Hang in there ladies! Absolutely get things like thyroid tested and a general check up if you feel the need. But I must say that I felt very much the same way.

It took my 6 months for most of the aching, pinching and pulling to go away. It took a full 12 months for me to feel like I had any sustained energy and for the daily swelling to stop.

At the 18 month mark I turned a huge corner and felt like I finally got my life back. I have my energy back, I am working out and walking and losing weight again. I feel more like myself than ever before, most of the time anyway.

I take estradiol 2mg. I am also on Adderall for ADD. With my hormones stable and my emotions leveled out I feel like a better version on the old me!

Hang in there and don't give up hope. For some of us the road to complete healing is a bit longer than others.
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Thanks so much for the replies! As of now I have started to watch my calories and started to exercise some in the evenings, even when I don't feel like it. Its nice to know that I am not alone.
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM

WOW - and I'm whining about being 4 months out and without energy and gaining weight, despite exercise (more than I should) and watching food intake). Guess the recovery process takes time...and more time and more time. I too am very frustrated with my lack of energy and the ongoing need for lots of naps and extended horizontal naps (sitting just doesnt rest the same).
Thanks for posting - even though it's a long road good to know I'm not alone.
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Same here. I'm "working at home"again today - ie, lying in bed not feeling bright enough to do anything and wondering whether I should make an appointment with the doc.

I had severe undiagnised anaemia for years before my op and I had imagined that I would be full of beans again after the cause of all the heavy bleeding had been removed. I've been imagining all sorts of nutty stuff like hypothyroidism, cancer and so on but also aware that's rubbish and I would just be wasting the doctor's time. Hmmm, I'm very fed up at still having no energy...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register