normal??? spotting 5 days after silver nitrate treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

normal??? spotting 5 days after silver nitrate treatment normal??? spotting 5 days after silver nitrate treatment

Unread 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
normal??? spotting 5 days after silver nitrate treatment

Hope I don't need a second treatment. Any experienced opinions appreciated regarding the need for multiple silver nitrate treatments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Re: normal??? spotting 5 days after silver nitrate treatment

I had to have it done twice. I spotted (very little) following treatment but after that one I healed fine.
Good luck,
Tracy
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:38 AM

I've had it done once (a week ago) and luckily didn't have any spotting. Hopefully I won't need another treatment next week. The only problem I had was slight burning in my urethral area which I believe was caused by the silver nitrate touching that area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzit View Post
I've had it done once (a week ago) and luckily didn't have any spotting. Hopefully I won't need another treatment next week. The only problem I had was slight burning in my urethral area which I believe was caused by the silver nitrate touching that area.
I had a treatment 2/14 and had major burning when I went pee so looked with a mirror and actually had symetrical burn like lesions . I believe was from the silver nitrate.I had some slight and short lived spotting 5 days after the treatment ,(beyond the sloughing of the tissue I had in the first days after the treatment).My doc actually removed the granulation tissue before applying the silver nitrate and did not schedule a recheck for me did yours?
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Yes my doctor said he wanted to see me again in 2 weeks to check to make sure the granulation was healed.
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzit View Post
Yes my doctor said he wanted to see me again in 2 weeks to check to make sure the granulation was healed.
Hmmmmm did mine think it was a done deal or is he a crappy doc?????Or he would see me again if I continued to have issues.Like I said time will tell I guess 'til then i am stressed.: (
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:08 AM

I'm curious if any of you had pain (pinching, burning, pressure) a week after the treatment? I had my treatment on Monday, March 19th and the pain is not getting any better, in fact, in ways it's worse than the first couple of days. I had black discharge for about 3 or 4 days, but that has now gone away. I'm just curious if the pain is normal or if I should be worried???
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meka40 View Post
I'm curious if any of you had pain (pinching, burning, pressure) a week after the treatment? I had my treatment on Monday, March 19th and the pain is not getting any better, in fact, in ways it's worse than the first couple of days. I had black discharge for about 3 or 4 days, but that has now gone away. I'm just curious if the pain is normal or if I should be worried???
I was uncomfortable for ten days or so.It was no fun.My doc removed the granular scar tissue first then hit it with the silver nitrate.It burned like crazy then caused me some burn like irritation on the exterior where it pooled in my sleep. Internally I felt like in the earlier days of healing.I don't remember pressure but yes a burning and pinchy sort of pain too.
Hope you feel better ,trust your instincts about your pain and call your health care practitioner if you feel you should.It's just a call!
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM

thanks for responding...I'm gonna call in the morning. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register