Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal

Dear Friends,
I had a hysterectomy (uterus and cervix), along with having a lot of endometriosis removed from my bladder, ovaries, and my right pelvic wall, both low on the wall and high on the wall. The surgery was on Tuesday, Febuary 7th. So, I'm about 14 days post-surgery.

I'm experiencing pain, especially on my right side, pain when I urinate (after being asleep for a few hours), throbbing pains in my vaginal area, and some very light spotting.

By the way, I do not have a bladder infection - I had a culture done.

I am feeling concerned that I'm not healing very fast. Does all of this sound normal and ok? Do you think it takes longer to to heal because i had endometriosis removed as well? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Re: Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal

Irish: Im about 5 weeks post now and all of the things you listed sound like what i have been reading. You are only two weeks so dont push it too much, your body will rebel. Be sure to rest when you feel you need to and REALLY listen to your body. I cant address the endo since i didnt have that but a lot of women talked about pain on the right side, vag spasms, and spotting. Certainly if anything is unbearable call your doc but most of what you say is normal. Take care
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM

Delissa,

I really appreciate you writing me back. It makes me feel a little better. Did your bladder eventually feel better when you empty it and not feel like it was getting squeezed as you emptied it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Re: Hysterectomy and Endometriosis Removal - help

Welcome irishsmile,

I do recall being in a lot of pain as my bladder recovered from the surgery. For me, my bladder and uterus were attached to one another. It took a few weeks for my bladder to start feeling better. So, I'd assume that a lot of your pains are from that.

I have also experienced sharp pains in my vaginal walls occasionally (for some unknown reason) as well as more frequent right ovary pains. The pain isn't very often though, a lot more liveable than prior to surgery!

I hope that your pain begins to ease very soon ~ have patience...you're only 2 weeks post-op! Gentle hugs sent to you.
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:57 PM

Hey Irish! So sorry to hear you are having difficulties. From my experience, what you are having is fairly normal. I had a hysterectomy which included the ovaries and severe endometriosis which had basically glued everything together including my bladder and bowels. I had cysts and fibroids in my uterus. I am now 7 weeks post op.

You basically just have to accept that your body has been through a lot and it will just take time to heal. You may feel good one day and over do it and then you will pay for it the next day. You will learn to listen to your body and when to say "no, I can't do that". And one of the most important things is to take short walks a couple times a day. Just walking to the end of your street and back will help to keep the gas from building up and causing pain.

I hope this helps. I know exactly how you feel, but I can tell you that it does get better. I am only 7 weeks out and besides a little morning sickness, I feel so much better! And I'm sure that you will also! Feel better!
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Thanks Heathertink. Your post is very helpful to me. Do you remember when your bladder started feeling better? Was it a month or so? It sounds like 2 weeks out isn't too long, in your experience. Do you think I'll feel better in another two weeks? That's when I'm supposed to go back to work...
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:06 PM

Irish:
I had adhesions attached to my bladder, that had to be removed and a urologist had to be called into my hyst surgery, so my bladder, at first was a bit aggravated and when i urinated it didnt feel right for several weeks. At five weeks it feels better. Sometimes i think im done urinating and oops, im not! Its starting to feel better though every day!!
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM

MsMoo33,

Well, you just made me cry. This is such a reassuring response. Thank you!!! May I ask - do you think that in another two weeks, I'll be ok to return to work? I'm supposed to go back on March 5th... Thanks again for your kindness!
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you're doing better and that you have faith that I will too. Thanks again! Irishsmile
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsmile View Post
Dear Friends,
I had a hysterectomy (uterus and cervix), along with having a lot of endometriosis removed from my bladder, ovaries, and my right pelvic wall, both low on the wall and high on the wall. The surgery was on Tuesday, Febuary 7th. So, I'm about 14 days post-surgery.

I'm experiencing pain, especially on my right side, pain when I urinate (after being asleep for a few hours), throbbing pains in my vaginal area, and some very light spotting.

By the way, I do not have a bladder infection - I had a culture done.

I am feeling concerned that I'm not healing very fast. Does all of this sound normal and ok? Do you think it takes longer to to heal because i had endometriosis removed as well? Any help would be appreciated.
I had a myomectomy 2 years ago and had a fibroid on the bladder. It took a long time to feel better. I had pelvic floor therapy and it was an amazing help and relief.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register