Scheduled dVH/RALH How swelly is that belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How swelly is that belly? How swelly is that belly?

Unread 02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
How swelly is that belly?

Drank my Mag and packing for the hospital. dvH/BSO scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow. Yikes!

I'm just curious about planning for swelly belly. How much swelly should I expect? How long does it last?

I have several pairs of yoga pants--hope that's enough. 2 hours post Mag Citrate -- probably not safe to run to the store at his point.

Thanks, sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Re: How swelly is that belly?

Good luck tomorrow!

My surgery is the 29th--a week to go--so I don't know yet how long these symptoms last. From reading the post-op site, it sounds like it's variable. I'm not reading the post-op sites for now, until mine is over.

I ordered some loose pants, underwear and tops, 2 sizes up from my usual. Found some nice things on the website for LLBean, and underwear online at the jockey website. I couldn't fine a soft bra in my size, but I'm just going to use a camisole. I know you're down to the wire, but LLBean has no-cost shipping so it could come to your house. Yup, wouldn't run to the store just now!

Best wishes for a rapid recovery!
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM

3 weeks out and I am a medium swollen.. The more I tend to do, the more swollen I become.. But I have lost almost 15 lbs though

Best wishes to you on a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Swelly belly varies from person to person. Some don't get swollen at all and some get huge. I am 7 months post op and still have big swelly belly. I have lost weight and still am wearing stretchy waist grandma pants two sizes larger than before. The fist couple weeks post op all I wore was pj's since I couldn't handle any kind of waistband around my tummy. Hope you have no swelling!
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM

7 months post op and you still have swelling in your belly? How do you know that is from surgery? I mean no disrespect just don't get how that could be. Did you have a lot of repair work?
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjday View Post
7 months post op and you still have swelling in your belly? How do you know that is from surgery? I mean no disrespect just don't get how that could be. Did you have a lot of repair work?
No I didn't have repair work. I've been swelling since surgery. My tummy is flat when I wake up and starts swelling as I get ready for work. By the time I get home I look 4-5 months pregnant. The swelling is very localized and my tummy is literally round. There are quite a few ladies who swell for a long time. The longest I've heard is 19 months and counting. If you look around on the post op forum you will see quite a few threads on this. It really sucks and I'm very tired of it...
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:44 PM

LOL! Noooo I wouldn't be heading to the store now.

I had no swelling. We're all different, seems you must wait and see. :-)
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Hello
I am now 6wks post op w/ abdominal incision and still really swollen
Gas x is still my best friend and I broke down and bought maternity jeans! Couldnt take wearing pjs/ yoga pants anymore! I also just bought some undershapers...suppose to help! We will see! See ya on the other side!
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM

Hi Ladies! I am only 8 days post op with DVH and have only had minor swelling. It does seem to get worse when I am up for awhile. Of course at this point I am mainly wearing pajama and loose fitting yoga pants. Have lost 10 pounds because I have no appetite.
Unread 02-26-2012, 04:27 AM

Hi there,

I am 8 days post op and my belly is only very slightly swelly

I presume everyone is different. In my case the bulge that was there pre op as a result of my huge fibroid, is now gone - HOORAH - and in fact my belly is flatter than it has been in years. When the swelling that is there is gone I might even have a wash board tummy!!! good to dream

Kallinda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register