How soon before surgery is pre-op scheduled? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How soon before surgery is pre-op scheduled? How soon before surgery is pre-op scheduled?

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:02 PM
How soon before surgery is pre-op scheduled?

When does the pre-op appointment get scheduled? My surgery is March 6th. I am not sure if I should start bugging them yet? I am starting to get anxious!

Also, what do the tests involve?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Re: How soon before surgery is pre-op scheduled?

My surgery is March 13th and I'm going Friday for my pre-op with the hospital. Call your doctor's office and find out. Have you received any paperwork for the hospital that they want you to fill out and bring with you?
Give them a call and find out.
Good luck.
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkpearl View Post
When does the pre-op appointment get scheduled? My surgery is March 6th. I am not sure if I should start bugging them yet? I am starting to get anxious!

Also, what do the tests involve?
They should call you in a few days to set that up and when I had mine they only took about 4 tubes of blood. It all depends on your health and what your dr needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, March 6 and my pre-op (both doctor and hospital) is scheduled for the morning of Monday, March 5. Counting the days!!!
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM

My surgery is sched for March 14...pre op is Mon 2-27. This was sched back in Jan when I first got my date. From there I will have to see my cardiologist for surgical clearance and get blood drawn for clearance. You should be seeing your doc soon! Good luck!
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:20 PM

My pre-op with doctor and hospital is on the 5th of March and surgery is the 16th.
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Hmm... It is usually within a few days of the actual surgery date. If you have your surgery date but no PRE OP date, call your doctor's office back and have them look into that for you. It sounds like something was overlooked.

Good luck!!!
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM

my surgery was sched. For jan.18 and I saw my doc. Jan 4 for his pre op interview. Then on jan. 11 I had the pre op with hospital and had to go back that following tues. For a certain type of blood draw my doc wanted that could only b done within 48 hours of surgery. So u should b scheduled soon.now that I think about it I have seen my doc every week since jan.4. Im 5 weeks post op this week and he has scheduled to see me every week. this is the only week I dont see him. He has definitely made sure im recovering smoothly.
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM

I had done my 2 1/2 weeks prior, which I am glad I did because I had to wait for an appointment with my PC and then wait for the results to get to him and even then, the hospital neglected to fax him my ekg results, which then took an extra day. I am all set to go on the 27th.
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM

I am seeing my doctor March 23...I have not yet received the Pre-Op with the Hospital....I am assuming that will happen when I go see my doctor....My surgery is scheduled for April 9....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register