A strange question, but... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A strange question, but... A strange question, but...

Unread 01-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Purr

Thanks Jaz -
I agree - Macy drapes herself around my neck and shoulders and purrs herself, me and DH to sleep. It is verrrry soothing!

Good luck with your castle visit - I'm 2 weeks after you. We lived in Co. for 2 years and loved it! Where are you? We were in Westminster (NW Denver).

Take care - Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 08:14 PM
A strange question, but...

Hi...I have five kitties and a dog, so I understand!!

A couple of thoughts -- be SURE to get yourself a tummy pillow (check out the tummy pillow/tote bag at the Hyster Sisters Store), and be sure that you keep your little pals' food, bowls and supplies stored at waist level so you won't have to be bending to feed and water them.

You will need assistance on the ol' litterbox front...remember, no bending to scoop....and absolutely forget changing the box yourself for several weeks...lay in a supply of clumping litter and get a good kitty-loving friend or relative to give it a scoop every day or so. If your DD is ready and willing, that's the best!!!

{{{{PURRRR}}}}

Karen
Unread 01-04-2002, 08:48 PM

Janet, I live in Wheat Ridge. We've thought about moving to Westminster, though, because you can get a nice house for less money, and the neighborhoods are nice.

I'm sure I'll see you in the post-op boards after we're both done with our surgeries! I hope I can have helpful answers to questions the way all the ladies here do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 11:14 PM

We have 2 cats here. And the tummy pillow was a necessity if only to ward the darlings away from my still tender tummy. Funny thing is, my DH's cat, Yoshi, knew I wasn't feeling good, and curled up and slept at my feet while I was napping the other day. And my cat, Sunshine, won't hop up in my lap for her usual loving session, but will let me pet her if she is sitting somewhere other than my lap. Now if only I can get her to stop using my computer chair and hiney as a scratching post, I'd have it made.
Unread 01-04-2002, 11:43 PM

I'm facing the same problem. One thought I had was to get some toys to entertain my kitties. One of them is very old (and heavy) and increasingly dependent in wanting to be with me ALL the time. She insists on sleeping right ON me. And I have a crazy cat who pretty much does whatever he wants to unless physically restrained or squirted with water so I imagine he is probably going to be a nuisance during recovery time.

Question: do you have someone to help you when you get home from the hospital and can that person or persons be "on guard" to entertain kitty and keep kitty out of your room?

I know this is hard as kitties are sweet (generally) and want to show affection and we don't want to discourage them from being affectionate but we also don't want to be in pain.

Another idea I had was perhaps asking someone to catsit at THEIR home during your most critical recovery time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register