Scheduled LSH Taking two weeks off from work...realistic? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taking two weeks off from work...realistic? Taking two weeks off from work...realistic?

Unread 02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Re: Taking two weeks off from work...realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law001 View Post
Hi!
Spoke to my Dr and he said that I should be able to return to work and the gym in two weeks.
That sounds great but I'm wondering how realistic that really is???
My full time job is being mommy
However, I do have a part time job and I need to let them know when I will return.
There's really no labor involved...I work at a makeup counter in a department store...
Just wondering if anyone has any advice.
Thanks
I had laproscopic removal of uterus and cervix. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to assume any of those responsibilities at 2 weeks post-op.

I started feeling pretty close to normal at 4 weeks post-op. I started back to work yesterday at 6 weeks post-op. I did fine at work, but felt a good bit of vaginal pressure afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM

Catherine, good advice! I had filled out my short term paperwork at work thinking I'd be out till Jan 27. That would've been 3 weeks and today is 7 weeks and I am still out. I let them know I planned to be back by then but would have to wait on the Dr's release. Fortunately for me, my Dr wanted me out 8 weeks anyway and here I am still recovering.
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:04 PM

Thanks for all your advice! I think I'll tell my boss 4-6 weeks and if I'm feeling better before that then I'll let them know.
1 week till surgery & I'm freaking out!
~Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Law, you will be fine! Just make sure to leave things at home tidy, have healthy foods, take the necessary things to the hospital (loose clothes and panties) and it'll be here and gone before you know it.
You may want to check out some posts on what to take for surgery day, and what not to take.
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM

I had a TPH Friday last and am gettting on well thankfully.
I have been signed off work for 4 weeks - there is no way I would be fit enough to return to work after 2 weeks even to an office job. Whoever set the famous "6 Weeks" knew what they were talking about but of course not everyone can afford the luxury of 6 weeks off.

Best wishes to all heading towards surgery. It is daunting and very scary but it is normal to feel scared and wait until you feel the elation when you open your eyes and you realise that surgery is over - a great feeling

Kallinda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register