5 weeks post-op and having phantom pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post-op and having phantom pain 5 weeks post-op and having phantom pain

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
5 weeks post-op and having phantom pain

i had a total abdominal hys and i have had pain similar to what i would feel in the area of my ovaries before i ovulated. what is this? also has anyone had any issues with extra air entering the area during sex? it is not painful but really embarassing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Re: 5 weeks post-op and having phantom pain

You could have trapped air from the surgery. I had that happen and they really weren't sure what was going on.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:19 PM

I'm four weeks post-op and I have felt pain where my right ovary used to be. The thing is, I am two years post-menopausal so I haven't ovulated in at least that long, so I don't know why I am feeling pain there, although I was feeling pain there when I had my ovaries sometimes, even if I didn't ovulate, now that I think about it. I did a search for "phantom ovary pain" and it seems to be a real thing. Check out this thread: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=407179
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 04:07 AM

lol!! I was trying to explain to my Dr. about phantom symptoms, but he's french and it didn't translate well, so he didn't understand what I was saying...thought I was saying I had ghosts in my vagina!!!

I swear my girls were there last week, ovulating...except they weren't...because they aren't. but yeah - I had some phantom ovary pain!

I'm cleared for sex but have not attempted it yet - will be a while before husband and I are comfortable with that...but I will tell you that a number of years ago I lost a TON of weight and for some reason had the same "noise" issue...you have to laugh it off and not let it deter you - tell hubby that doctor replaced vagina with whoopie cushion!!!...also, try different positions - was worse on my back than on all fours....*cough*

:-)
Pam
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:36 PM

LOL Ghost is "Fantôme" in French so I can totally see how your doctor would think that. You can try "des douleurs au niveau des ovaires". That might get through.
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Yes, but then we'd just be back at the conversation about how I HAVE no ovaries. vicious circle. lol
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM

I still have pain in that area. Today, I'd swear I was pre-menstrual, but that's not possible. However, there are other times that I feel the pain in different parts of my abdomen, so it probably has to do with the areas that are still healing inside of you. If your ovaries were removed and there were any adhesions, then there would be healing in the areas where they had to be surgically separated.

It does make me wonder how often I blamed PMS when there might have been something else going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register