Adhesions from C-sections - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions from C-sections Adhesions from C-sections

Unread 02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Re: Adhesions from C-sections

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 04:22 PM

i had had my TAH due to extremely bad periods.dr. only did a vaginal ultrasound looking for fibriods and that was it.but i didnt have fibriods.i had TAH nov.14th.i woke up.dr. said i was a total mess on the inside.my omendum had attached itsself to my stomach wall,colon, and many organs then it had growed in a ball in between my rectum and cervix.i was in extreme pain down in that area for years.dr. said w/o that being found it would've ate a hole in any organs that it had grew into and i was lucky cause i could've died if not found.he also said there was ALOT of scar tissue from my 2 previous c-sections that he had to get rid of.
my point is my dr. said when there is previous c-sections in the picture that they have to get rid of the scar tissue from those or later down the road you can get into some serious health problems from scar tissue.i am just wondering if there's abig chance they'll have to do a TAH in your situation.my dr. recommended TAH cause of the c-section scar tissue that would be present.maybe ask your doctor about this.i had asked why we couldnt do a simpler operation.
but please ask him about scar tissue and if he can get rid of it by the type of surgery he's wanting to do.
my friend had a TVH about 5 yrs ago.well this past year she was pasty-white and was kinda sluggish.she's usually in good health w/ no weight on her.she went from about 135lbs to almost just over 100lbs.she ended up in hospital for 5 days cause she couldnt have a BM.the dr. said it was from scar tissue from previous surgeries and her hysterectomy scar tissue that had blocked her intestines.they did surgery then and now she's 100% better and she looks fantastic at about 120lbs.she has healthy glow.i am sorry to make this long.but my point is try to get them to remove any or all scar tissue cause it can hurt down the road.
thanks for listening to all my speech and good luck and i hope you have a great recovery and have help at home.
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM

Thank you Christinatas. That is definitely something to be concerned about!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 05:00 PM

yeah,i would ask all these questions.i hope you have agreat recovery
Unread 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM

talk to your dr doing the surgery, most drs will remove as many if not all of the adhesions they can while they are in there. But as a result of any surgery more adhesions can develope if they are not doing a TAH it may end up if they find lots of adhesions just so they can have a clearer view, but talk over all of your questions and concerns with your dr and if you trust him then relax as he/ she will have your best interests at heart, if you do not trust them, then find another dr for another opinion one you can trust....
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:45 AM

Hello, I had my total LAVH hysterectomy April 2nd, 2012 and am on day 5 post-op. Ovaries were left in. I was told by my gyno after an exploratory surgery last year, that I had a great deal of scar tissue from 4 c-sections. During my pre-op appointment, he stressed the high likelihood that I would be going home with a catheter because of this scar tissue and his suspected inability to move the bladder out of the way during the hysterectomy. He was adiment that this scenerio wasn't just a possible complication but that it was highly probable. It was the thought of the catheter that almost made me cancel my surgery. I just could not fathom this situation. I did make it to surgery and low and behold, no damage to the bladder at all! Catheter was removed 24 hours post op and I have had no bladder problems - thank goodness! I guess what I would say to you is that you need to prepare for this scenerio, but also have faith in your surgeon. He or she will do their best to cause the least amount of damage. Another consideration if your surgery is supposed to be LAVH and the surgeon finds that once inside, he or she cannot move the bladder out of the way, they can then choose instead to do the procedure through your old c-section scar which to my understanding would help to avoid bladder damage as well.
As I mentioned, my biggest obstacle was a fear of this catheter situation, but now that I am home and it's been 5 days, I'm glad this did not happen, But I also realize that I could have handled the situation if need be.
So first, keep in mind that your surgeon will do his or her very best to avoid injury to the bladder, and second, have faith in yourself to handle the situation, should damage occur and catheterization be needed while your bladder heals.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register