TAH 3 week post op Dr. appt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 week post op Dr. appt. 3 week post op Dr. appt.

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
3 week post op Dr. appt.

3 weeks post op hysterectomy surgery: Went to see my today. I gave him a list of everything that is wrong with me still and issues I am having and he is concerned because my symptoms are not normal for women who have been able to keep an ovary. So, my incision site is a little infected. Even though I am still sore he is concerned. . ordered lab work for hormone levels, urine test, and a CT scan to make sure everything is okay in abdomen after surgery. I was put on Augmentin for infection and more pain meds. I wanted to take something lighter for pain but . said I needed to stay on med to control pain, I am still having Insomnia, night sweats, fatigue, and just feeling like poo. So next week I will see what lab work says and what CT says.

Night sweats, insomnia, and fatigue is making me crazy. I wish things would get better soon. I have had a rough day. I want to go look for a new car but I am too tired. I have to travel in my husbands old beat up truck that is way too bumpy for me to travel in but I have to do it to go to the

I want to clean my house but I have no energy to do it. My house is a mess and its driving me crazy. Hubby works a lot and he does so much for me. I don't want to add the house to his responsibilities. I cried today, I have not done this in about a week. I don't want to be emotional. I want to be normal again and feel like me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Re: 3 week post op Dr. appt.

You are still very new out of surgery and you seem to be putting an awful lot of expectations on yourself. Please let your body heal... it takes 6 months to a year to be fully recovered from this surgery. Things will wait...nothing is more important than you right now and to heal well.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Re: 3 week post op Dr. appt.

Thank you Danni...I know I just want to be normal again. I just get really frustrated easy and want everything done. I cannot do it all but I know if I don't get it done soon I will hurt myself by doing it my self. I am trying to rest and remember to not over do it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register