Vaginal Cuff Granuloma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff Granuloma Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Unread 01-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Eight weeks after my TVH on 10-16-01 I was back in surgery to remove a granuloma near the cervical cuff. The area wasn't healing, so it was removed and fresh tissue brought together to heal. Also had a "bleeder" in the area of my rectocele repair that had been bleeding inside the repair and suddenly burst open. I see the doctor on Monday to see if things are finally looking good.
What has anyone's experience been with repairs done on this granular tissue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

HiI have had granular tissue removed from my incision 4 times, 2 on left 2 on right. My doc would say that she could feel "balls of granuloma" when she palpated the area. I also had my cervix removed after my hyst due to some funky stuff going on. The doc who did the hyst told me that he removed my cervix, come to find out 6 months later that was not the fact. So my new GYN removed the granuloma nd my cervix. I hope you are feeling better
Unread 01-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Hello,
I also had surgery to remove extensive granulation (scar tissue) on my vaginal cuff. It was causing discharge and pain w/ intercourse. I am happy to report that the surgery worked like a charm! Good luck!
MB5 TAH 8-16-00
Vaginal cuff repair & adhesion removal 8-29-01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2002, 12:39 PM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Jenn & MB5,
Thank you for your responses and input on my post.
You know, I guess that I have presumed that my cervix was removed, since this was a total, overies and all. But I really should ask the doctor on Monday if that is the case! I guess it isn't necessarily so.
Since the return to surgery on 12-11, there has been continuous drainage until just his last week. It had nearly stopped just before the second surgery, so I was shocked to find that the granular tissue still hadn't healed. So, I go, expecting a good report, but I am still holding my breath.
I'm afraid to get too excited until the doctor actually looks and says things are healed.
Crossing my fingers!...
Unread 01-07-2002, 06:29 AM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Hi Katmando,
I'm only 6 days behind you on a TVH-kept my ovaries. I am still not healed at the vaginal cuff and have had several silver nitrate treatments. I notice you said you had a TVH. Your concern about the cervix left should not be one because it's virtually impossible to to a partial (leaving cervix) hysterectomy vaginally. CGwfe's case is different as it is possible to leave the cervix when an abdominal procedure is done also known as a partial or supracervical even though it wasn't planned. Since your ovaries were taken you may want to add BSO (bilateral salpingo oopherectomy) to your post to include that. I was hoping that at my 10 week check-up I would be healed and even dh got his hopes up for sex again but come to find out I have to go back in another two weeks. Dr. said he would try to get me all healed by Valentine's day which is another six weeks. That's 18 weeks of no intercourse since surgery and the week before I wasn't able do to aunt flo :-( I'm getting so sick of wearing pads and want this healed. Let us know what the dr. says.
Unread 01-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

CM3
I understand your frustration about not healing! I underwent several silver nitrate treatments also, but since they were not working and I had had that sudden gush of old blood from "somewhere", we opted to not wait on the surgical intervention.
You are right about adding the BSO. With my medical training, however, to me a "total" does include everything. It isn't total if ovaries or anything else is left. A hysterectomy is just that - the removal of the uterous. But for the sake of total understanding I think you have a good idea. I'll tend to that ASAP.
At your age, you wouldn't want to lose your ovaries unless there was some medical necessity. At my age, 47, it was really pushed. I did some research on it first (and found this wonderful site in the process ) and with the help of many different articles and opinions I decided that it was in my best interest to have my ovaries removed at this time. I feel that I was well into perimenopause and was probably needing HRT at the time, anyway. So I am on ERT and so far so good!
Oh yes, the doctor visit this a.m. You are right, no cervix. I couldn't imagine that there was, but I thought it was smart to know for sure. And, thank the good Lord above, things have healed. Both areas that needed repair look great and I have been given the big OK. Auntie Flo was hanging around just before surgery for me, too. Told her she had one last fling! So it has been a long time...
I hope that your recovery is speedier than predicted. One of the reasons for going ahead with the surgical procedure was my doctor's said he had had poor success at silver nitrate in the few cases he had encountered. He talked with several of his associates as well, who confirmed they had the same experience. For me it was the right thing to do.
to you. Hang in there. I have been sick of feeling like a diapered baby all of this time, too. Today, I finally felt like I could actually trust things to not drain. They only quit last week. And I finally see that things can get better.
Unread 01-08-2002, 07:40 AM
Vaginal Cuff Granuloma

Hi Kat,
I'm so happy to hear you are cleared for fun and that you are healed. Thanks for the info on the silver nitrate. I go back in two weeks for another treatment. Hoping it should do the trick. I'm also using vinegar and water recommended by dr to help with the healing process. Yes I didn't want my ovaries taken since they were healthy and have never regreted the decision to have this done. You sound like a really caring person. Thanks for the hugs.
Unread 01-08-2002, 08:05 AM
By definition...

Just to clarify things, clinically speaking: The term hysterectomy refers only to the removal of the uterus. A "total" hysterectomy means the entire uterus is removed, including the cervix, which is the "neck" of the uterus. If your Dr. told you you had a "total" hysterectomy, your cervix is gone. So, you can have a total hysterectomy, vaginally (TVH) or abdominally (TAH), and STILL have ovaries and tubes left in. When ovaries are removed, that is an oophorectomy...when tubes are removed, that is a salpingectomy. When both tubes and ovaries are removed, that is a bilateral salpingoophorectomy (BSO).

Katmando, I'm so glad you are better now...all my best wishes for the future!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register