Resuming sex to early.. Really , whats the deal??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Resuming sex to early.. Really , whats the deal??? Resuming sex to early.. Really , whats the deal???

Unread 02-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Resuming sex to early.. Really , whats the deal???

I have seen so many posts from sisters resuming sexual activity way to soon.. Between 2 to 4 weeks post op.. It boggles my mind to think that someone would put themselves at such risk just to have sex???

I mean really.. We are all adults. I know the hormones are raging and curiosity alone wondering how sex will be after this surgery.. but really? Vaginal cuff tearing, risk of infection, repair surgery.. Is it really worth all that???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Re: Resuming sex to early.. Really , whats the deal???

No way! Hubby and I were just fooling around last night and as nice as it would have been there is no way I would risk myself. I'm waiting 8 weeks or longer for anything in that area! LOL
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:13 AM

Seriously.. I have read posts where chicks are resuming sex that early. I mean to each his own but it totally freaks me out.. Then some that do post here that they began bleeding heavily and are in pain.. Well yea.. why wouldnt you be??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 06:32 AM

hey gail, im nearly week 6 its driving me mental and we waiting six wks more, its a small price to pay i think to ensure first time is not going to be bad and hopefully painless, this was my dh dcision moreso, weve found other ways to be sexually intimate, we both have high sex drives and were extremely active pre op, but like i said weve found news ways and yes hes getting alll the pleasure lol but hes has it all to give back;-) lol.
It was a worry that he may go elsewhere but that was hormones we love and trust eachother, maybe thats why some girls do it early, fear of a relationship breakdown maybe, just my opinion, but we waiting full 12 weeks x
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:04 AM

Us too Shell.. My opinion, if the chick is in fear that the male will stray during a time like this because she is not suppose to have sex, then he is definitely not worth putting health at risk..
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:06 AM

Your doctor will decide when it is safe to resume sexual relations. It depends on what type of surgery was performed and how the patient is healing. Women who have the more invasive surgeries (TAH, LAVH) usually have to wait longer than those who have SILS or daVinci. A lot depends on the type of surgery and whether or not you have a vaginal cuff. There's no "one timeline fits all".

There may be some bleeding whether you wait 2 weeks or 8 weeks. And waiting too long can pose problems too. The best thing is to talk to your doctor about what to expect.

You may also find this article helpful:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_sdf.htm

What's right for one isn't always right for another. Talk to your doctor about your fears and concerns.
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:11 AM

waiting too long? What happens if you wait too long??????? (eek)
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:12 AM

All I know is that I had the Da Vinci and doc said nothing in vagina for 8 weeks... So my "less invasive" surgery as some may call it (even though same internal organs were removed) merritts no sex for 8 weeks.

Vaginal birth calls for no sex for 6 weeks and that is a natural process. A hysterectomy is not.. I just find it oddly insane women would take the chance of hurting their bodies even further after what we have had to endure prior to and after this surgery..
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:13 AM

My doc said nothing about waiting to long Shell.. He said it actually takes approx 16 weeks for everything to heal internally..
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:19 AM

All I know is the whole sex issue is the worst part of this surgery! Wish I could have kept my cervix. The vaginal cuff will probably worry me forever! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register