When is everyone going back to work? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When is everyone going back to work? When is everyone going back to work?

Unread 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Re: When is everyone going back to work?

I hVe the sick days just need the dr. To agree I need the time off......and I definatley do, this was so much harder than I could have ever Imagined.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 03:10 PM

I don't understand why a doctor wouldn't agree to more time off. They're not the ones healing, and besides, what's it to them?
Unread 03-09-2012, 04:07 PM

I agree, if I had better insurance I could of had a different dr. But we will see how it goes. On Monday. If he won't allow more time I will see someone and pay out of pocket. Wish me luck. I sm just nervous cuz he said giving more than 6 weeks right off the bat would be fraud and we had to wait and see and he would decide medically if I got more time??? Really!!! Ughgg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Maybe I won't be completely stressed after my appt. On Monday. Right now I am do worried he will tell me to go back to work and I am not reAdy.
Unread 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Hi Karize I agree with nurselaura64 !!!! I have learned that you need to take care of yourself first.I am only 4 weeks post op{tvh} and I am due to go back to work in 2 weeks and taking a shower is still an olympic sport for me !!!! Everyone does heal different and every experience is different.I had a hematoma develop on my rgt ovary and needed to go back into the hospital for another five days.So I feel I am behind in the healing process.Take care of your honey !!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm starting back on Sunday after one month, but I work from home and I have a very comfy setup. I can flex my hours a little, too, so there's that. I can also dress as comfy as I like and drink as much coffee as I want, which is gonna be a lot. I went shopping today and feel like I ran a marathon!
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:34 PM

So, I started back at work today. 4 weeks to the day of my surgery. ONLY out of necessity. No paychecks : ( I was so worried about this day. I'm only working today and 2 days next week because physically I am not ready. Today went ok but I'm feeling pain in my back,and legs. My client is very understanding and keeps asking if I'm ok. Lol - its my job to take care of her. After today...there's no way id be able to come back tomorrow. I wonder how "they " come up with these time lines of when I should be able to work
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:35 PM

And some pain and cramping to my abdomen
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:45 PM

I went back to my desk job at day 19 (this past Monday the 12th)....I work about 5 to 6 hrs...and get wiped out and have to go home. I was working from home last week and did great but working from home is very different then going to work.
The only reason I considered going into work was because I sit and work in my own office...
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM

I was told in the hospital that gyn ob. Were very liberal about time off for hysterectomy. This is serious major surgery. Not only is the dr liable if you go back to work too soon and become injured but so is your job. 12 weeks was the norm. But with lap and dvh. The time got shortened. But internally it's all the same. Lots of stitches and lots of healing to be done. Even if you sit at a desk it can be hard. If you have a physical job. You really need a lot more healing time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register