Scheduled dVH/RALH 15 days to go and starting to get scared. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days to go and starting to get scared. 15 days to go and starting to get scared.

Unread 02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Re: 15 days to go and starting to get scared.

I am with the 3 of you my surgery is the 12th. I think as it is getting closer the nervs are starting. I need a grabby thing. I will look into it today. I am going to pre cook this weekend. I have 7 b-days in March so I already bought the gifts and cards and put post its on the envelops so hubby can mail them out in time. I need to clean real good but will wait till it gets closer or it will get messed up again. I already stocked up on basic supplies and have got a few things that I can do while recovering ready to go. I am really nervous never had surgery before.

Well girls I look forward to hearing how you all make out that week. I am 10am on March 12th. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Allison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM

Hi My Shyster Sisters!!!! First: You guys ROCK!!!

I'm so glad I'm not alone here. This site is truly a God send. The support is great.

Thank you Amy. ((hugs)) How are you doing 6 months post-op?

JP- I would love to road trip but this weekend is Freedom's "Spa Day" shhhh she's getting a b-a-t-h and she HATES them AND she get's her nails done too. She'll be nice and clean so she can hop into be w/ me when my DH isn't home and I can pet her without leaning over. She's such a "little" sweeting all 90 lbs of her.

Donna, I hear ya, I'm getting as much done at work as possible so it's not too bad for my supervisor. She's due May first so when she goes out I'll be coming back. She seems to think I'm going to be out longer but I told her we'll take it one day at a time. Even if I come back part time for the first week and then move into full the next week. But one day at a time. (thank you mom)

& Home- My mom taught me well. She would always tell me to pray. I figure my part is easy during this surgery. I'm snoozing she's doing all the work and I'm not the only one that day. Before my first hip surgery I remember hearing something about laughing before surgery that helps the healing. So Jim and I were just being us while waiting to go in. We were laughing and he was taking pictures of me with that "beautiful" cap. OOO baby. LOL That and we had a good laugh with my surgeon before walking in the O.R. I think that it really does work with the chemical in the brain.

The weekend after that I would like to get the bedroom set up and go get my pillow pet to hug when I walk and finish whatever laundry that may have accumulated. :? It's a never ending cycle, nudist must save a lot of $$ on laundry soap, fabric softener and water. =-D

I'm TRYING to lose a few pounds before the surgery. Watching Dr. Oz (roll eyes) was talking about Goji berries. And walking through my favorite health food store (that I frequent once in awhile) and saw dark chocolate Goji berries. Well you had me at chocolate. I thought I'd givem a try, They're actually not bad. They really do help with my appetite. Last with w/ "aunt Flow" I was ready to eat every carb in the house and then more. I did eat 3 (three) containers of Haagen Dazs in the past 10 days. I'm better now that Flow has left. She was nasty, I think she was going to make sure I remembered her for a while or at least until I can lose them. The berries are helping.

What got me going on that is the possibility of gaining weight, like I need to gain anymore. For the first time in 14 yrs. I out weigh my husband. :b not by much but enough.

I hope and pray that we can all get our things done before surgery and if we don't, I'm sure it'll be there when we get better. LOL

WE can do this. We'll have to keep positive and laugh holding our pillows.

Have a great evening.

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Carol,

I cleaned today and then rewarded myself with ice cream haha! Reading yr response made me laugh u and me r so much alike we r truely sisters haha!

Great now I need to schedule a b-a-t-h for bella she's my 4lb 3yr old dog my partner in crime my snuggle buddy haha!

My husband says to tell you to keep mentioning thing your doing before since i now have been motivated to start getting things ready!!! Jeesh thanks Carol making me work haha

Are you planning on staying overnight? my dr said that I will be staying overnight for sure! If so what are you packing?

Hugs to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:50 PM

LOL Sorry Jen. I just get my DH involved in the cleaning he helped he can help clean. just sayin. (he'll love me for that too. lol )

Bella, is 4 lbs. I'll trade ya, She's a lot easier the bath then Freedom. I tried to get her in the bathtub on time what DH was at the firehouse. I got my workout that night and she still didn't get a bath….I did though. I broke a sweat just trying to get her in. LOL I told DH next time we tag team her. One get the front and the one gets the backend. I win, I have thumbs.

I get a one night stay at the "castle". I think I'm going to wear a pair of my new PJs pants and a t-shirt that says "FIXED" on the front to wear home. LOL, Some sweets for the nurses and staff my iPhone, earphones and charger and possible earplugs so I can sleep. I need to go get a little pillow pet for the ride home. Oh and some hard candies for dry mouth. I have short hair so I'm going to go get it cut a little shorter so I don't have to fuss with it too much, a little hair gel and looking pretty. I'm not really going to take a lot b/c I'm not going to be in there more then, what 24 hrs. if that. When I went in for my hips I was there for 3-4 days and I had HD bring in my laptop & cellphone and I wore my jammies home that I wore in.

My left Ovary is acting up tonight. I'm going to bed. :b with a painkiller. I'll write more tomorrow.

:?

C-ya sista.
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I set up my hair appointment net Friday after work. YAY!!!

12 days and counting.
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Donna58 I also go in 3-14... So many things I can relate to here. Also DvH.
I am glad to know someone going to the castle on the same day.
I have been so emotional about waiting for my last period of my life and guess what? It never came! I have been on birth control pills for 20 years and not bad periods but switched to a new one a couple months ago that was not agreeing with me...so dr said to not start new pack. Lower incidence of blood clots during surgery. So I am off! I never got my period when I was supposed to so after all my anxiety the jokes on me. I guess it could still come but I don't think it will...totally relieved I don't have to say goodbye.

My rollercoaster is on the up swing...today I feel strong and not so scared. Still have not told my kids,friends,family but since all my preops have been approved, I have a date with my surgeon on the 14th. Will be telling everyone in my circle about the event this weekend. Keeping a controlled crowd.

I will be so bummed if my period comes next week and lasts for 7days! My husband will be even more disappointed but so it goes. God be with you sisters, will be looking for you on the other side!
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM

I always pray for my doctors as well. And when asked to pray for others who are having surgery I pray for there doctors too!
I am glad to hear I am not the only one that does that.
I am a 3/13 as well and have been making lists. One on what order to clean the house in, including washing bedding.
One for what to buy at the store, bigger underwear comfy jammies and food that might be good.

One hint on here was to buy cranberry juice to drink to ward off any uti that might start after having a catheter in during surgery. I would not have thought of that one myself.

I love this site and visit it daily now and get new tips and ideas everyday.

I LOVE my HysterSisters...........Princess's we are
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM

I forgot about the Cranberry juice. Thank you Amy. LOL

This week has kinda fast. I'm sure the next week will go ten faster and during that time will be on a roller coaster as well.
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:58 PM

Bedroom is cleaned and re-arranged. My poor DH didn't know what was happening for him when he woke-up this morning. Dear man worked like a horse and tomorrow dropping stuff off at Goodwill and than I'm going to start in on the kitchen.
Still so much to do.
I'm going to bed I'm pooped out. :/
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:13 PM

Hi guys!

Just finished shopping for the glorious after surgery fashions haha! Cleaned the house, got my haircut and highlighted, bought the great bowel cleanser not looking forward to that! Taking Bella to get a bath Friday, got the kids things ready, still feel like I'm missing something.

I will be praying for all my fellow sisters having surgery the same day as well as upcoming surgies.

Carolann , stop already yr doing to much go eat ice cream haha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register