Anyone having a LAVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone having a LAVH? Anyone having a LAVH?

Unread 02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone having a LAVH?

I went to my pre-op appt last Friday and after a very long discussion we (doc, me, and my hubby) decided on taking my cervix as well as the uterus because of the risk of cervical cancer and the fact that after having a LSH it is very difficult to go back and remove the cervix.
I have seen a lot of stories of different types of hyst's but not any other LAVH's. I am keeping my ovaries unless there is any endometriosis or any problems.
Thanks everyone! Good luck to all!!

BTW...I'm nervous, a little scared, but mostly excited to be done with the constant (month-long) cramping and terrible explosions of blood!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Re: Anyone having a LAVH?

I am 3 months post op from my LAVH. Just be careful to follow post op instructions and get lots of rest. We will see you in the post op forum soon!
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM

Mine is scheduled for this Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:20 AM

I am 4 months post-op from a LAVH and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I had everything removed including the cervix. There are lots of ladies on here who have had LAVH. If you do a search, you should find more info. Just remember that while it is a less invasive surgery since they don't have to cut you wide open, you are still having lots of work done on the inside and you need to remember this and take it easy and follow doctors orders. Also dont get discouraged if you read on here of people who were feeling fantastic and pain free at a couple of weeks. Some people recover very quickly (most doctors tell you that you can be back at work at 2 weeks) but others, like me, take longer. My doctor told me I could go back to work at 2 weeks and, if I had a job, there would have been no way. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register