Scheduled TAH severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts

Unread 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts

I posted here a few days ago. My surgery date is March 22, 2012. But honestly, I don't know how I am going to make it that long. My period started 5 days ago, and since then, I've had severe cramping, flooding that literally turns on and off like a faucet, terrible lower left pelvic pain (I have 4 cysts on my left ovary, dx by ultrasound a few weeks ago), and every time I eat I am full so fast - then the bloating and pressure starts. I use heat on my stomach, but it really doesn't do much. Pain meds are somewhat helpful, but I can't work on them. On top of that, my migraines are out of control (cycle related) and I am nauseous all day, pain meds or not.

What I want to know is...how did you ladies survive until surgery? The pain gets progressively worse with each cycle. Fibroids are diagnosed by ultrasound as well, but I was so shocked when I was told I had them that I didn't ask how big. I know the doctor said they were large, but I can only imagine they are large enough to be putting pressure on my stomach since I can barely eat.

I am so tired. I have 3 and a half weeks to go. I am working 40-50 hours/week and on my feet all day. Plus, I am losing weight, but my stomach continues to grow. I am so frustrated and I cry a lot. I know there's an end in sight...I just don't know how I'm going to make it anymore.

What would help me get to my surgery date? Any tips/tricks, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Re: severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts

I can understand your predicament, I am suffering the same thing and sometimes I feel quite down about it. I don't know when I will get in for surgery so it's good you actually have a date. You can work towards being finally free of all the problems and hopefully will feel so much better afterwards. I am looking forward to not bleeding for months on end, eating and not blowing up and feeling so uncomfortable and in so much pain. I wish you all the best and count down those sleeps until you can feel like a person again.
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM
severe pain & pressure - fibroids/cysts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray woman View Post
I can understand your predicament, I am suffering the same thing and sometimes I feel quite down about it. I don't know when I will get in for surgery so it's good you actually have a date. You can work towards being finally free of all the problems and hopefully will feel so much better afterwards. I am looking forward to not bleeding for months on end, eating and not blowing up and feeling so uncomfortable and in so much pain. I wish you all the best and count down those sleeps until you can feel like a person again.
Thanks! I hope you get a surgery date soon! It's bad enough to feel like this, but then to have no day to look forward to that signifies an end? I'd probably lose my mind completely :/ Yet, here you are, offering me support! You are very strong. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM

Hi Piper,

I'm dealing with similar issues and this is how I cope.

I usually do NOT eat the first day or so of my cycle due to the pain. Nothing stays down anyway. However small sips of hot water w/ ginger seem to help the queasiness.

Also I use Gas X for the bloating and that also seems to cut down on the pain from the gas and make the rest of the pain just a little more bearable.

Heat of course is one of my old standbys.

For the migraines, if your stomach can handle it, drink coffee. I know, not everyone likes the taste - in fact I can't stand it - but it seems to work well for my migraines and several other ladies I know swear by it for migraines.

I wish you the best of luck and please take care.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermvh View Post
I posted here a few days ago. My surgery date is March 22, 2012. But honestly, I don't know how I am going to make it that long. My period started 5 days ago, and since then, I've had severe cramping, flooding that literally turns on and off like a faucet, terrible lower left pelvic pain (I have 4 cysts on my left ovary, dx by ultrasound a few weeks ago), and every time I eat I am full so fast - then the bloating and pressure starts. I use heat on my stomach, but it really doesn't do much. Pain meds are somewhat helpful, but I can't work on them. On top of that, my migraines are out of control (cycle related) and I am nauseous all day, pain meds or not.

What I want to know is...how did you ladies survive until surgery? The pain gets progressively worse with each cycle. Fibroids are diagnosed by ultrasound as well, but I was so shocked when I was told I had them that I didn't ask how big. I know the doctor said they were large, but I can only imagine they are large enough to be putting pressure on my stomach since I can barely eat.

I am so tired. I have 3 and a half weeks to go. I am working 40-50 hours/week and on my feet all day. Plus, I am losing weight, but my stomach continues to grow. I am so frustrated and I cry a lot. I know there's an end in sight...I just don't know how I'm going to make it anymore.

What would help me get to my surgery date? Any tips/tricks, etc.?
My surgery is the 16th of March and most likely I will have my period right before my surgery (each cycle is worst than the last).
I told my physician that if their is ANY cancellations to bump me up, take it. Maybe you can do this as well!
Blessings,
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Hang in there Piper. I too had terrible periods and fibroids and hemmorhoids to boot. Because of my anemia I had to wait about 4 weeks after diagnosis for surgery. My doctor put me on birth control pills to try to reduce bleeding/reduce size of fibroids while I waited for surgery. Other tips: eat smaller meals, avoid foods that are binding or constipating, drink way more water, and try to walk for 20-30 minutes day to help you get stronger before surgery. If you are also constipated try Miralax, which along with water and walking should help. I had my surgery 10 days ago and they took out 4 large fibroids along with my enlarged uterus using Da Vinci. I have been doing many of the same things post op, albeit less walking to start, and so far no major bleeding!!!! Good luck with your surgery....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register