pain until surgery date and yeast infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain until surgery date and yeast infection pain until surgery date and yeast infection

Unread 02-27-2012, 10:30 AM
pain until surgery date and yeast infection

I am having a total abdominal hysterectomy and they are taking everything, .

my question is i have fibroids (and 1 is very large and i look like im very pregnant with im not) and im wondering how im going to look after the surgery.?
will i still look pregnant? or will it go down and i will look normal if theres a such thing,lol.

im so scared and i will start to cry endless over nothing and im in pain where my csection scar feels like its being ripped open
( i have a csection scar 8 yrs old and is large and very long up n down my stomach)
im sorry if this doesnt make sense but im going crazy just waiting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Re: pain until surgery date

You will probably have a swelly belly, but I do not know how it will compare to what you have now. The swelly belly will eventually go down, however.

The emotions are part of this surgery. You will experience them before and after - this is very normal. We understand what you are going through, and are here to support you. This is one tough surgery to wrap your brain around.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM

thank you so much for the kind words.

i am just so sick of looking soo pregnant,lol i want a smaller waist back.
i do how ever have 1 huge problem,,,
the skin under my tummy is rashy and red and very itchy and im trying so hard to keep the white paste stuff on it and keep some cotton clothes covering it all the time and try as i might not itch.

but im dying and i go in for my pre op visit on March 8th. and he said it can not be red or pink at all. im trying but it seems fine until i scratch any hints to help?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM

I am not sure what white paste stuff you are talking about. Is this something your doc gave you? I guess it makes sense that if your tummy has a rash that they cannot operate. You may ask him for something for the itching. I think they can give you oral meds that may help with that, or maybe something stronger topically.

In addition, you may be scratching it at night while you sleep and not even realize it. I remember long ago when I had chicken pocks my mom put winter-type thick cotton gloves on my hands so that if I scratched while I slept I would not break open the sores. It worked pretty well. My hands got all sweaty and hot, but my sores did not break open.

Good luck - I hope the rash goes away soon...

(((Hugs)))
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Maybe try taking antihistamines to help with the itching.

Don't expect a flat tummy immediately post op. I looked 4-5 months pregnant for a few months post op due to swelly belly. Even now at 7 months it still swells each day. Everyone has a different experience with swelly belly, so there's no telling how much (if any) swelling you will have.

It's normal to be scared and emotional. I cried so much before and after surgery. It can be a very difficult thing to go through. Try to keep busy preparing for your surgery. Be kind and pamper yourself. And keep your eye on the ball: a healthier happier you awaits!
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM

thanks guys.

the white paste is a barrier cream for the skin.
and im trying to keep busy and im patiently waiting my pre op visit coming up on the 8th and then trying to plan my moms visit for a week for my surgery and a few days after then she flys back home

ill be alone with my 8 yr old for about a week til hubby comes back from FEX then i can relax and get spoiled,lol
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Make sure you have lots of food in the freezer for the week you're home without mom and DH. I found cooking to be very hard. Do you have someone to take your son to and from school? And maybe buy him extra undies, socks, etc so you won't be tempted to do the laundry.
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:56 AM

oh sorry i thought i responded to this one,lol
i do have lots of clothes for my son as he was going to a catholic school and had uniforms so he has plenty to choose from now since i am now home schooling him

and i do plan on having lots of easy to prep meals and other foods for him and me since he loves to tell me to relax and he will cook dinner
he will be a wonderful dr. we call him my very own home dr.

my yeast infection has spread to my chest and now im only putting nystatin on the areas my chest and my csection scar. so hopfully by the 8th ill be "a ok" for my pre op visit
need prayers to hope that my csection area isnt red or pink and looks good to go ahead with surgery on the 19th
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:04 AM

yeah like its been said everybody's swelly belly reacts differently but from alot of women that has lg. fibroids their belly size do go down.please let us know how it is(size of fibroid)after your surgery
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:13 AM

I will be praying that everything goes well, leading up to, during, and after surgery. It is so scary. I know! I remember before I had my first surgery I was scared to death. Not so much for myself or my pain, but I have two boys. I was scared for them. Fear is normal before any surgery but I beleive it is intensified if you have children.

I will keep you and your son in my prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register