Scheduled LSH Tonight the emotions are setting in...March 1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tonight the emotions are setting in...March 1 Tonight the emotions are setting in...March 1

Unread 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Tonight the emotions are setting in...March 1

Surgery date March 1.. and tonight the emotions are setting in, and I just can't seem to control the tears.

What am I upset about? I really don't know. Its everything - the anxiety, the nervousness, the what-if, what could go wrong, will my job miss me when I'm gone - will hubby be able to help take care of me, am I making the right decision?

This is something I can't control.. the surgery. How much pain will I be in ? When can I go home, when can I return to work? Augh - I don't know! All the doc says and what I read is that its solely up to the patient and each case is different. I get that, I do, but that doesnt help someone like me that plans every single little thing in life

I didn't let a lot of people know about my surgery, honestly I hate all the questions and to hear about the horror stories. I get so mad when people find out that I'm having a hyst and the first thing they say - what, no kids now? NO, I'm 41, never planned on kids and now that I'm having this - its not an option. I love kids, and if it was in the stars for me to have them, it would have happened. It didn't and so be it.

Told the in-laws yesterday about the surgery - NO grandkids for us?

Told my dad... - wow, so I'm not going to have a grandchild?

Told my sister in law - Oh.. wow, my older sister said that was the WORST decision she ever made. The docs dont warn you about the future gallbladder problems and bladder problems. You better make sure you find out everything!

I want to scream, I want to hibernate and just get it over with. Instead, I'm sitting here boo-hooing for no reason. This is awful

Hubby is trying to make light of it, and its just annoying the heck out of me. He wants to predraw the incision marks on my belly to see if he's accurate on where they will do the surgery. I glared at him a lot today.

It doesn't help that I started my period..hence, the reason why I'm having surgery in the first place. Good ol' dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

So sorry for the long post.. I figure someone out there could at least relate or tell me to 1) Check into the psych ward immediately or 2) This is all normal, natural and in a few days I'll be laughing at what I just wrote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Re: Tonight the emotions are setting in...March 1

I think you have every right to be a little emotional right now. This is a big deal! Sorry you are not getting support from your extended family . Prayers for a complication free surgery and many years of happiness for you and your husband .
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Oh, sweetie. I know this is so hard right now. Your emotions are in a knot, there is a gigantic unknown looming in front of you. I understand where you are - I was there just 10 months ago.

Of course you are upset - everything you are experiencing is very normal. This is MAJOR SURGERY. Your uterus is being removed, something that has made its presence known to you (for better or worse) for decades. And now that is being taken away from you. This is not how you planned it, but it is the reality you are dealing with. This is a very difficult surgery to wrap your brain around. You are NOT crazy.

I don't want to scare you, but you will probably be on an emotional for a while after surgery as well.

This site is full of wonderful, strong women. We are here to support you and help you through this. Good luck with your surgery. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

Super (((hugs))) to you....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2012, 10:54 PM

Noladeb,

Take a deep breath and let go of all the stuff you are worrying about. take your hands and physically brush off each shoulder like and say, "I'm not going to worry about all the others" and don't. it sounds like you're hurt and frustrated with the lack of understanding from your extended family. You sweet husband on the other hand is dealing with this the way he knows how and trying to lighten your thoughts and fears as well. You have to remember, you are feeling the pain physically but he's watching go through this and can't do a thing to stop hurt and pain. He's helpless in this. Talk to him and see what his feelings are too. Share your thoughts and fears with him so he can understand a little better of what is going on with you. You said he's there to help you, not everyone can say that. Some of us are blessed like that.

As for your extended family. Tell them you're going to have a grand puppy or grand kitties in the future. And for your sister-in-law, a) has she had a hysterectomy, b) Tell her to "Don't Judge Until She Can Walk A Mile In Your Shoes." and if she has had a hysterectomy, Her experience doesn't have to be yours. Everyone is different as you said.

But most of all BREATH, Watch some funny movies to lighten you spirit. You have to let go and let God (goddess, whoever you believe in) take control and it's ok. Give yourself permission to let others take care of you so you can heal. Someone on here said you only get one chance of healing correctly the first time so take your time and don't rush things. Things will wait for you there is nothing more important than you at this point.
As for the gallbladder thing ask the doctor before you go in about or call the office and ask her.

You have others that have read your post that may not have responded whispering prayers for you. I am.

Breath and relax.
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I feel your pain! I'm scheduled for the same day.
I'm so nervous and emotional and nobody seems to understand!
I am questioning everything as well...
So, you're not alone.
Good luck....see you on the other side
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM

So sorry for all the bad energy your family is sending you! Thats the reason I have not told anyone yet. I thougt it was so I didnt have to go back and forth with all the test results...and keep telling myself ok you have had your preop this is getting real - time to tell your best friends and sister and mom! But I dont want to hear all their comments...are you sure, have you had multiple consults etc. This is so emotionally draining I can only process in my own head. Hubby knows when I want to talk about it and when to leave me alone! LOL I can not wait until this is over. I go in 3-14.

Totally understand why you are so emotional and don't know if you like meditation...but I have been trying to mentally prepare myself. Get 5 or 10 minutes alone today and tell yourself your body can do this, it will heal itself, you are strong, you will be fine, and whatever else you can think of!

Will be sending you god thoughts today and tomorrow, Good luck!!
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:18 AM

I am schedualed for March 2nd and I have told everyone just because i want to hear other peoples experiences and I couldnt belive how MANY people have had this procedure.... and LOVED the end result.I only got 1 negative comment but to me the odds seem pretty in favor of it fixing the problems I have had for 20 plus years. I wish you luck sweetie!! Hugs to you!
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM

Thank you so much everyone.. your kind words and thoughts are so very helpful. You really all DO understand.

Today is my clear liquid diet and start the bowel cleanse this afternoon. I told my doc that I didn't know I had to that - I got punk'd!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register