What to wear TO hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to wear TO hospital? What to wear TO hospital?

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM
What to wear TO hospital?

I have a nice little bag packed with all the essentials for a possible overnight stay. I packed a loosefitting nightgown, robe, 2 oversized panties, socks and crocs, etc.

I'm having the da Vinci surgery tomorrow am - any suggestions on what to wear TO the hospital?

I was thinking loose yoga pants, tshirt, socks and crocs.. If I dont stay overnight, do I wear the same thing home or do I have an opportunity to change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Re: What to wear TO hospital?

I didn't have the same surgery as you did, but..I would think something loose fitting will do. I hope this helps.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by noladeb View Post
I have a nice little bag packed with all the essentials for a possible overnight stay. I packed a loosefitting nightgown, robe, 2 oversized panties, socks and crocs, etc.

I'm having the da Vinci surgery tomorrow am - any suggestions on what to wear TO the hospital?

I was thinking loose yoga pants, tshirt, socks and crocs.. If I dont stay overnight, do I wear the same thing home or do I have an opportunity to change?
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM

noladeb, you'll be changing into a hospital gown as soon as you get prepped for surgery- so you absolutely can wear the same thing home (I did). Make sure it is comfy and loose around the belly. I have read that a lot of sisters wear sundresses and like, but I am with you- nothing as comfy as yoga pants. They were my wardrobe staple throughout my entire recovery.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM

I also wore a pair of loose fitting yoga pants and a t-shire and wore the same thing home. You will change into a hospital gown as soon as you get there so your clothes will be clean. Good luck with your surgery. See you on the other side.
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM

I wore the same thing home that I wore to the hospital. I wore a big t-shirt and some loose pants. Yoga pants are a life saver!! Best of luck with your surgery
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM

I would just wear the same thing home you wear to the castle...it will cut down on the amount of stuff you bring...make sure it's roomy and comfy and if you need more warmth just ask the nurse(s) to pop a blanket or two in the warmer machine for you
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM

I have a new pair of yoga pants and loose shirt (Snoopy and Woodstock; it makes me smile!) that I plan on wearing to and from the hospital. I think most hospitals have a place where you can hang and store your clothes; mine does. I am packing a robe, underwear, socks and slippers for the hospital stay.
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM

I had DaVinci last week and came home the same day!
I wore my loosest yoga/knit pants, a long sleeved tshirt and zippered hoodie, and crocs. I never put my bra back on after surgery, and they had disposable underwear for me to wear home, so I never put my panties back on either. They made me wear hospital anti-slip socks as soon as I put on my hospital gown before surgery, so I wore those home too.

I also had my winter coat, but I didn't put that on to go home because my family picked me up at the door of the hospital.
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM

The other suggestions are good...I would only suggest one more
thing: a small pillow for the car ride home. You will be aware of every bump in the road.
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM

Hee, hee - I was just thinking about not even wearing my bra TO the hospital LOL. Don't worry; I am small chested.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register