Scheduled TLH Okay, 2 weeks until TLV and my only concern | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay, 2 weeks until TLV and my only concern Okay, 2 weeks until TLV and my only concern

Unread 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Okay, 2 weeks until TLV and my only concern

I am excited that it is almost here. I have everything at work straightened out and the house is basically ready. My only fear is that I will end up with a UTI or something and the surgery get canceled/postponed at the last minute.

I have only had two UTIs (and both were since last September). I did not have symptoms for either, the MD 'just found them' when we were dealing with the GYN stuff.

Oh, an odd thing, at least odd to me. My insurance company says I do not need pre-certification or whatever it is called for my TLV because the CPT codes do not warrant it. I asked for something in writing because I find that hard to believe (they are mailing me a letter stating as such).

Any suggestions? Did you have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Re: Okay, 2 weeks until TLV and my only concern

I have no advice on the TLV pre-certification but for the UTI, are you able to drink lots of cranberry juice? I do this to prevent them and to this day its been 3 years since my last one.

Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Does cranberry-raspberry juice do the same thing or does it need to be pure cranberry? I could probably drink a quart a day if it will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM

I drink just pure cranberry. I don't know about the cranberry-raspberry ones, but its worth a try.
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM

We share the same date! I am worried as well that something is lurking in me ailment wise. I feel this little pressure in my chest like the starting of a cold but it has been several days and nothing.
I just wanted to agree with ladymouse that drinking cranberry juice is a big plus. I have grape cranberry juice on a regular basis and have not had UTI in a long long time.
I to do not need pre-authorization with my insurance, however my doctor said I have the best insurance out there. It could be because of the codes. Dr.'s know how to code things so they are sure to get paid.

Hope this helps ~
Blessings,
J
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneeJello View Post
We share the same date!
J
Hi, we can visit and recover together... on the other side!

I have a shopping trip planned for Aldi's tonight so I will stock up on the cran-rasp juice if they do not have "full cran".
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurjml View Post
Hi, we can visit and recover together... on the other side!

I have a shopping trip planned for Aldi's tonight so I will stock up on the cran-rasp juice if they do not have "full cran".
Lets do!
J
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Okay ladies... I just got home from Aldi's.

They have cranberry juice (27% juice, which I am guessing is a lot) for $1.69 for 2 quarts.

I bought enough to have 1 quart for the next 12 days (I will be traveling 2 of the next 14 days and there are LONG stretches of road with no potties so I will have to limit intake those days). I will either ward off germies or turn into a cranberry! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register