March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2 March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2

Unread 03-03-2012, 07:09 AM
March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2

So I was supposed to have a LSH last year but things in my personal life went crazy and I had to cancel! Well over the last year my symptoms have gotten worse. My pain has increased and I now have pain before and during AF. I have my surgical consult on Tuesday. I printed off the list of questions from here. Anything on there that I am missing? Also, I have an old fashioned clawfoot tub and it has a shower but I am 5' 1" tall and the tub is about knee height - I was wondering if after my surgery I will be able to get in and out of it ok because it is so high? Anyone else have a tub like this and if so did you have trouble? Anyway I am so excited to be on my way to finally getting this done tired of pain being my normal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Re: March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2

It sounds like you are ready to put your gynecological problems behind you. I'm sure that your doctor will be thorough about answering all of your questions, and any others that arise for you will come from your own personal history.

If you are careful, you should be able to shower in your tub. You will have to decide that once you get home from the hospital. I had an abdominal incision, and I was still up and walking the next day, showering and generally feeling OK, all things considered. If you need to wait a couple of days, then you can always clean the dirty bits, and wait until you are reading to get in the shower.

Let us know how the consult goes! Good luck.
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Re: March 6 - Surgical Consult number 2

Hi, I kept a notepad handy for a few days to write down questions as I thought of them. And I literally read off the list @ the GYN office. Everyone has different things that are important to them. Write down anything that pops in your head. Most doctors don't offer up a lot of information I find. I love my GYN but there are things he never would have told me if I hadn't thought to ask.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register