23 and full hysterecyomy on Tuesday. Freaked out, any advice?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

23 and full hysterecyomy on Tuesday. Freaked out, any advice?? 23 and full hysterecyomy on Tuesday. Freaked out, any advice??

Unread 03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Re: 23 and full hysterecyomy on Tuesday. Freaked out, any advice??

Just wanted to say good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'm now 53 and had my surgery at 27. It was a relief for me to have the surgery and to not have all of the pain and bleeding issues. Try to keep an open mind about what HRT you'll use. We all have different needs and process our medications in different ways. Unfortunately, it's trial and error. Some are able to settle in right away, some have to work much harder to find balance. Find a Dr. you trust and work closely with them. Start a journal right away after surgery and keep track of your physical and emotional symptoms and anything relevant (ie. stressors, diet, exercise) so that you'll be able to correlate any progress or setbacks. It really is helpful. HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM

I hope you surgery goes well and that you find the relief you deserve. E2Me2 is right, keeping a symptom journal is a great idea! I even took mine to the dr. with me and let her read it when I was having trouble. Some people find what HRT works right away and some have to search to find the right fit and dose. I wish you the very best!

Hugs,
Teresa
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Venus4ever you are so helpful..I know that you have helped her..I am not twenty three but I have certainly got some good advice..I have been taking the estradiol pills and they don't make me feel any better at all..they make my stomache bloat up and no matter how little I eat it just stays with me..plus I just want to feel like me again so I am going to talk to my dr about the cream and progesterone pills..Thank you and good luck to you both. Xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Thumbs up - 23 and full hysterecyomy on Tuesday. Freaked out, any advice?? Hysterectomy

da Vinci hysterectomy yesterday they took uterus and Cervix. Went great no nausea, great pain control ate both lunch and dinner in hospital and breakfast today. My Iced White Mocha was the best treat. I was up and walking by 7pm last night. Gas is cause of majority of pain. Abdominal Binder is a gift from God. Havnt slept since woke in recovery yesterday at noon. Only rested eyes, still a little high or something from all the good pain meds. Will take a melatonin tonight for sure. been walking in backyard every other hour to release gas. Mylecon helps alot. Good luck. I already feel better. I would have started menstration in 2 days/
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM

Well I cant thank you ladies enough! I am pretty dissapointed in my hospital, shortly after my surgery I started to throb BADLY inside my pelvis and it took them an hour and 15 minutes to get my some meds I could hardly breath, oxygen dropped fast, and they took their sweet time. I am on a pain pump and they took me off my oxygen a little bit ago and am doing better. To top it off, my pain started climbing at 8 hours from my surgery and when I told them about the pressure I was feeling they discovered my cath wasn't draining. Do the pressure from an OVER filled bladder was killing me!

BUT I'm doing better now!! They did find heavy endo was well as what they believe is andometreosis, which is when it grows inside your muscle tissue. I also had scar tissue contecting my utetus to my bladder. I am very glad I got this done!! I still cant believe I will be out of pain soon Thanks again for all your support ladies!! It sure is a help knowing I'm not alone out here!
*many hugs*
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:14 AM

I hope all goes well with you're healing healing, just remember to take your time and allow yourself lots of rest. My warmest wishes to you X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register