Surgery Tomorrow, mini freak- out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tomorrow, mini freak- out Surgery Tomorrow, mini freak- out

Unread 03-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Surgery Tomorrow, mini freak- out

Tomorrow, i'll be going in for my TVH. For MONTHS, I have waited for the day to come, but now I'm having a mini freak-out. I'm hoping that I have enough done, that I have the money for my bills while I'm recovering, that I'll have a job to go back to when I'm recovered, etc etc. I'm worried if I'll have a bad reaction to the pain meds (I get sick easy), and if I'm gonna be a whiney, needy, mess when I get home and drive away the people that have volunteered to help.
This morning, as I sit here in my superman Pajamas (yes I have a little thing for Superman) sipping my coffee, I'm wondering why my doctor didn't order a bowel cleanse, liquid diet for today, or any of the other prep that I've seen the other ladies here go through. I don't know if he's just that confident in his abilities, or if I just don't need it. The only common thing I will have to do, is the whole don't eat or drink after midnight (I feel like a gremlin). I'm a little miffed at the idea that my surgery isn't until 1pm, so, no morning coffee, and no food ( probably not until late tomorrow). Uhg! I was hoping for an early surgery so I could get to walking and get the hell out of the castle ASAP. I so hate hospitals. I'm worried I won't sleep, especially if I'm there for DAYS. Do they give sleep aides in the hospital? I'm hoping that the pain meds knock me out, but then there is the "every ten minutes vitals lady", constant light, and NOISE! I'm hoping not to have a "roomie" that has a billion visitors. Ok,..so I'm just a little anxious. hoping that I can get out of there at the MINIMUM time and not the Max.... Done complaining now,.lol Good luck to all the other March 5 princesses to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Re: Surgery Tomorrow, mini freak- out

I am having surgery tomorrow as well.

Your freak out seems normal to me.

I woke to a nightmare that I missed my surgery until I realized that I still have today to get through.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Hi ladies,
I guess they do things differently in the USA - here in France you spend the night preceeding the operation at hospital so they can monitor your blood pressure, give you a tranquiliser so you sleep well and make sure you're fasting correctly! I was really frightened too especially because I was having the hysterectomy because of a risk of cancer, but everything went fine - I'm sure the doctors will do everything they can to make you comfortable! Remember, this is new for you but they are old hands at this and know what they're doing. I wish you well and a speedy recovery! XX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM

I didn't have to do any bowel prep or other for my surgery 2 years ago. I think it depends alot on the type of surgery you have as to what prep you will have to do. What you are feeling is normal, if you didn't have a freak out that's when I'd worry! Lol I cried everyday for 2 months before my surgery! But I'm a hot mess! Just try to get everything you can think of pre prepared before surgery- that will help you feel more in control after. Be sure to tell your anesthesiaiologist your problems with pain meds- I've got the same issues, and they were able to keep me comfortable and pain free afterwards alot easier knowing my problems in advance. Hugs to you sister! Good luck tomorrow, and hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM

I had no bowel cleanse or liquid diet pre op either. Each doctor is different it seems. I was given Ativan to take the nigh before surgery so I could get some sleep. My OR time was 1:00 and surprisingly the morning went by quickly and I wasn't hungry at all. I attribute that to my DH who has a knack for keeping me occupied in stressful situations.

You can do this! You are beginning your journey to a healthier you.
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Mine is scheduled for the 16th and the surgeon said I did not have to do any bowel prep- I was so happy! Now what I still do not know is if i have to have blood work- going to call the office again tomorrow morning and see what is up.

Good luck!
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Good luck tomorrow. I will say a prayer for you. I am having my surgery next Monday and I know I will be having a mini freak out too. I also do not have a bowl prep or liquid diet. I guess it depends on the sugeon. I hope you have an easy recovery.

Allison
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:00 PM

Mini freakouts are normal. I think we all had them.

Not all ladies have to a bowel prep and liquid diet. It is surgery dependent and doctor preference. Just follow what your doctor asks you to do, and don't do it if they don't ask for it.

I am sure you are like all of the strong ladies on this site, and you have your household ready to go for your down time. Know what got done got done, and what did not did not. What will be the most important thing starting tomorrow is for you to rest, rest, rest, and to heal right. Become the .

We will be waiting for you on the other side...

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register