New with Post-op questions - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New with Post-op questions New with Post-op questions

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Re: New with Post-op questions

I agree with what the other ladies have said. As far as sex is concerned, everyone is different. There are some women who notice weaker orgasms, but there are many women....me included that have more intense and more frequent orgasms post-op. I think it all depends on your individual circumstances. I had painful sex before my surgery, so the fact that it improved is not surprising to me....it was a surprise, however how MUCH it improved!!!

As far as the birthday party....sounds like you are very well prepared. It is great that you are getting most of the stuff taken care of before your surgery. Just be careful at the party. Do not break any of your restrictions!! Make sure someone is there to do the work for you..you just sit back and enjoy!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM

I am four weeks post op and patiently waiting to find out what sex will be like without a cervix. For me, pleasure during sex comes in a variety of forms, one being that feeling of having my partner (deep inside) hit what seems to have been my cervix. If THAT is gone, I will be disappointed. Then there is the g-spot, which I am assuming will be unchanged. For me, and most women, the greatest pleasure is stimulation of the clitoris. Although I haven't broken the golden rule of "nothing in the vagina for at least weeks", I can tell you that my ability to have intense orgasms has not changed. Sorry if that was too much information, but hopefully it helps
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
New with Post-op questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.N. View Post
Thank you for posting this. I assumed that I was keeping my cervix, as he only mentioned taking my uterus. He didn't say that the procedure meant he *had* to (remove my cervix) ... I called and spoke to the "surgical secretary"... she told me that in order to keep my cervix it would be a different procedure. She is leaving a message for my dr. to call me back. Anyone here have experience with and without the cervix? which is better? or is their no difference? I know the recovery time is less w/the vaginal hysterectomy, but I really don't care about that. I have healed well and quickly with past surgeries.
I choose to keep my cervix. This meant a small bikini line incision to get my uterus out. My uterus and fibroids were unattached from my body using the Da Vinci robot. Only if everything is of normal size does a vaginal one work. Did a lot of reading and chose to keep my cervix for many reasons and my Dr was in agreement. Just do your research and ask lots if questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darncancer View Post
I had a radical hysterectomy feb 9 due to cervical cancer. I had my cervix, uterus, ovaries/tubes removed via the davinci robot. I am hitting my 5 week post op tomorrow. The only problem I have had is being tired, swelling and boredom. I flew from NY to SC 3 week post op. I had a lay over in Dulles and carried nothing but a light purse. I had people get my luggage on and off for me. Be careful at the birthday celebration not to lift anything more than a couple of pounds and be careful of reaching too, if I reached to far I felt pulling. Good luck to you!
Thank you for your reply. It's good know what my obstacles will be. I must mentally prepare myself since I am a busy-body and find life to be very frustrating when I feel limited (relating to past surgeries). It will be hard on me not to be able to lift things (am an art teacher and can usually lift 2-25 lbs bags of clay with ease). I know I won't be able to do that (or lift the gallon jar of paint .. it's heavier than a gallon of milk)..

My LO's party is only 2 hours. I feel bad that my dh will have to clean up on his own. I *may* ask a relative to help him out.
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac4_11 View Post
Had a Da Vinci vaginal hysterectomy Jan 31st. Had uterus and cervix removed. My orgasms are more intense and easier to come by now

Good to know there is hope! I had a long discussion about my fears with my dh and he reassured me that we would "figure it out together" and "adjust to whatever the circumstance is"... that gives me some peace.
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharona19 View Post
I had a da Vinci with everything removed. Sex/orgasms were a huge concern for me. I was 100000000% certain that I would have weaker orgasms because my pre op ones were so intense with uterine contractions. 3 weeks post op (with DR permission) I gave outercourse a try to test my orgasmic response. I had the - swear to God - bestest, most intense orgasm ever. Turns out, I never had uterine contractions. Whatever is contracting still does an amazing job. Since then, I have had my first multiple orgasms and they take almost no effort to achieve. It is true, if your sex life is already good, you should have no trouble post op. Sex is very much mental and surgery can't change that : ) Regarding your sweet one's B-day; I hosted a brunch for family two days after surgery with no problem. I, of course, did no cooking or cleaning but just ate and chatted. I made it about an hour and then excused myself to go lay down. I think you'll do as well as I. Good luck to you.

Thank you for your reply. It's great that everything is going so well for you. I hope my recovery goes as well.

The last few times my dh & I had sex I had some pain w/orgasim. it wasn't as bad as my adenomyosis pain that I get 4-10 days a month, but it hurt, nonetheless. Am thinking that this may be a normal progression of the disease? my dr. did tell me that my uterus will continue to get bigger, so maybe increased pain is part of the progression, too.. ?
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagayle View Post
E.L.N.,

I do understand. My orgasms are now followed by mild cramping. It's not painful so much as unpleasant.

If our doctors are right and we both have adenomyosis, then from what I've read it's progressive and will simply get worse with time.

What's very strange is that I do have a very deep, uncomfortable pain when I put in a tampon, but not during sex.
If it is strange, add me to the list. It hurts way up in my uterus when I put a tampon in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register