Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL

Unread 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL

My husband is so tired of hearing "but on Hystersisters this one lady...." So he kindly suggested I stop reading posts for awhile. I am so frustrated to be flat on my back waiting for this stupid foot swelling/fluid to go away. I read about people going back to work or going to Wal Mart or the movies and I am so jealous that I cry.

My belly feels great, no big issues with any of my incision areas. If I could walk on my feet I would probably be out doing all that stuff. It has been like this since Friday. The nurse didn't say how long it would take to go away.

Then I said I wish I hadn't had surgery and made my husband cry - since that is how they found the cancer starting. Now I feel bad for saying that and blamed it on surgical menopause. I can't even do HRT because I have to do chemo.

Yeah I am whining. But I am beyond frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Re: Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL

Aww honey, I can totally relate, my hubby says the same thing all the time, plus he always says "STAY OFF GOOGLE" lol.

I drive him crazy *blush*
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:20 AM

It's hard when you want to do what you can't. It doesn't matter if you see that people are doing it or not, you want to do it darn it! Just remember you *will* get there. Just take it as God telling you to take care of yourself. Maybe you could ask your dh to rent a movie you're wanting to see and make you some popcorn (or whatever is special to you).

(Just so you know, I know of what I speak....my midwives had me on bedrest for two weeks postpartum so that I wouldn't be worn out during week three when the "crash" comes....they were right and I was glad I listened. I learned to listen then....it helps to realize it's just temporary).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2012, 02:31 AM

My hubby got used to the fact that hystersisters is part of my life now lol, I think he's grateful deep down ad I do all my ranting on here and get my questions answered without ringing doc every 5 mins lol, in fact he's a lurker, he watches what I post to see how I feel as I don't want to bother him with my whining, and he then knows whether to approach me with caution or not lol, he feels the same about Google tho lol. I find tremendous support here and couldn't of gotten through my recovering process without the sisters. Maybe if you let him lurk, he may change his mind? My hubby wasn't happy at first but then he quickly realised that when I'm on here I'm not shouting or whinging at him lol,
And yes rest rest rest , hugs and wishes for speedy pain free recovery xxx
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:24 AM

I am almost 3 weeks post op, my heart, thoughts, n prayers go out to u. I too am having a very difficult time realizing the recovery process is not the same for everyone, n that I need to rest. I don't have a hubby, but I do have several children who don't seem to understand, and I can't expect them to cuz I don't, I'm so glad to come here n read posts...it helps me a lot. I'm feeling a bit alone through all this, so u r all a blessing, Ty :-)
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:56 AM

If my husband told me not to come on the hystersister I would tell him where he could go. This is a big support group for us women. I didn't have any issues after surgery I just like to what I'm going through is normal.I know everybody situation is different we help each other.
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:45 AM

I promised him I wouldn't google ovarian cancer, but I told him there was no way I wasn't coming on here. I am normally a very active person who hardly ever sits down. I swear it is like my body decided to do this to force me to sit around.

I am waiting (not very patiently I might add) for the doctor office to open this morning. I need them to do something about this. The swelling in one of my feet is so bad my toes are starting to hurt. It has been elevated all weekend and still as bad as it was on Friday.
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:56 AM

Lol.. my husband says the same thing cause I tend to compare my recovery to others.. Trying not to compare myself anymore but it is hard.. I know we all heal differently, but still hard not to say "Now why don't I feel that good?"
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Husband told me I should probably stop coming here LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpackerfan View Post
I promised him I wouldn't google ovarian cancer, but I told him there was no way I wasn't coming on here. I am normally a very active person who hardly ever sits down. I swear it is like my body decided to do this to force me to sit around.

I am waiting (not very patiently I might add) for the doctor office to open this morning. I need them to do something about this. The swelling in one of my feet is so bad my toes are starting to hurt. It has been elevated all weekend and still as bad as it was on Friday.
That doesn't sound good , let us know how u get on hun xxxx
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Husbands don't understand what we are going through.I will say that my husband is supporting me on sisters. He likes to hear what the other sisters are going through so that he knows what I can do or not to do. Not to be bragging I have wonderful husband.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register