New:) hyst scheduled 3/14 have question!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New:) hyst scheduled 3/14 have question!! New:) hyst scheduled 3/14 have question!!

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
New:) hyst scheduled 3/14 have question!!

I'm having a laparoscopic hyst. My pre-op is tue but at my ultrasound appt my Dr said he hopes to do it lap but with prior c-section, scar tissue he encountered during my LSO 2 yrs ago where my left ovary ended up being adhered to my colon & chances of bladder being adhered he might have to do it a different way but we'll see. I don't recall which way he said if lap alone isn't possible. Does anyone know? Also I'm wondering about keeping cervix. I'm really uneasy about what to go with in that area if I have a choice. I lean toward keeping it but want what's best. Can anyone give me some input? Thanks ahead of time & God bless all of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Re: New:) hyst scheduled 3/14 have question!!

I am also concerned about adhesions. I have had 3 c-sections. Regarding my cervix, I think my doctor is planning on me keeping it, but that is just ONE of the questions that I have for him tomorrow morning at my pre-op appointment. I have never had an abnormal pap smear.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM

I got rid of mine. I never had an abnormal pap but just less of a risk of cancer and other wonderful crap. I am just nervous about sex post cervix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:35 PM

I've not had an abnormal pap either. My pre-op is tue so hopefully we figure it out. I know they generally don't take tubes out but my left one has been one big problem riddled with scar tissue. I knew that from post op report in 99 after tubal. I had my left ovary removed 2 yrs ago & from that time as soon as my period stops my left side throbs for a week sometimes 2. Had colonoscopy & he said he believed it was gyno. Now I'm here & am very grateful that this is all going to be taken care of. My job is physical & am in such excruciating pain monthly that I've went to a corner bent over & nauseated from pain. Hope you get every answer tomorrow. Plz let me know how it goes
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:36 PM

That is my main concern about cervix pinkii!
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM

One of my friends asked if it would be like a hotdog down a hallway, that is when I got concerned... that would suck big time. oh well kegel time. LOL
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:53 PM

I had my cervix and uterus removed last July. Sex is better without my cervix. My DH doesn't notice any difference. I no longer feel that uncomfortable bumping during sex. Sex without my uterus is a different story. I miss the strong uterine contractions I used to have during orgasm. Orgasm now feel superficial and sometimes disappointing. I'm doing my best to adjust

I also had one of my tubes removed. My GYN said that there are some risks associated with leaving them in (I was in recovery so I don't recall very well). The other tube was up too high and he couldn't reach it. My surgery was vaginal.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Uterine contractions? Ugh! For the past few years, that meant pain and blood, so I'll be happy when that's gone!
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM

Hot dog in a hallway! LMBO!!! Kegels it is. I will be relieved to get rid of left tube. Might as well take them both huh! One good thing is he said my right ovary looked good beside the cyst which is normal. Mine always rupture during cycle but it was crazy, it ruptured while I was at work Friday. My right side hurt really bad for an hour or so and usually all my stuff is left side. I remembered the cyst and went in the bathroom. It quit hurting. Then I realized it had been 2 yrs to the day that I lost my left ovary. I told my sister that maybe my right one was grieving the left. Bahaha I started my last period this evening. Have my alarm set to take my 1600 mg Motrin middle of night cuz that seems to help. Hopefully it won't be so bad at work

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register