Scheduled TVH I'm about as ready as I can be - now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm about as ready as I can be - now what? I'm about as ready as I can be - now what?

Unread 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm about as ready as I can be - now what?

Okay, I've:

done my laundry and put comfy, recuperating clothes on my computer desk rather than in my old dresser, which has difficult to pull drawers.

arranged for my cleaning lady/petsitter, not to mention dear friend, to come on Thursday so the dog has some company and my house will be clean. And she won't have to come next Monday when I may not feel like company yet.

started packing my overnight bag with the bare essentials.

got out my STD info and put it on the table with a big note that says, "CALL FRIDAY" so dh or I will remember to call to confirm that I had surgery.

mailed my two sons' birthday presents - their birthdays are both this week.

got my replacement at work pretty much trained.

I've got two crazy busy days at work and three difficult nights of sleep left - then this thing will be done. What will I do until then???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Re: I'm about as ready as I can be - now what?

Hi there!

This is a nerve-wracking time! How about going and doing something just for you? Like a mani-pedi or a massage? Something that is a real treat for just you and can help you take a break from anxiety and worry.

It'll be here before you know it! I hope all goes perfectly for you!

Unread 03-06-2012, 07:21 AM

Amen to that! Spoil yourself! Get some amazingly comfy PJ's for yourself. Relax. Take the last bath you'll get for a while, bubbles, rose petals, candles - the works!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2012, 07:34 AM

Take good care of yourself, relax, pamper yourself.
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM

I have to agree with the above posts. You definitely have everything together. Now, relax! Or try at least. That is what I plan to do the few days before my surgery... if I'm not working that is!

Go to the salon and get a really good scalp massage and hair cut, get a manicure with a girlfriend, have a cosy date night with hubby...

And good luck to you!
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM

I was just thinking the same thing. The freezer is packed with food enough for a nuclear war or feed a starving nation now what??? ready to slowly start losing it only two days left seems like forever!! thanks for all the support on this site
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Divinci tomorrow, fear of the unknown bellybumps!!!

My big day is tomorrow, scared and ready to go. Im having the DiVinci tomorrow, enlarged uterus 18 wk. I also have a complex cyst, hoping for a supercervical I'm thinking one ovary must go also. I'm on my cleanse day, not too bad. I think the secret is to start eating light, veggies, fish, yogurt for a couple days before. Today , clear liquids only. Chicken stock, Gatorade, water, little bit of gingerale &I italian lemon ices. It wasn't as bad as I thought.

Anyway, thinking about my big day tomorrow just scared of the unexpected and praying for the best outcome and recovery. I'll get back to you on the otherside. Ill be thinking of all you ladies that are going through this with me. Im a worrier, so im wearing a patch behind my ear for nausea, b/c I have seizures when I feel I'm going to get sick, vaso vagel syncope.

Love you all, im on this site everyday since the day I made my decision for surgery. Its helped me big time. My surgery is at 7:30am march 7, tomorrow , I'll be talking to you again about my recovery and outcome (I wish us all the Best!!!
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:43 PM

1) Go to the grocery store make sure you have some of your favorite foods .. and the one thing that I had wished I known before hand. I had real appetite for about 5 days afterwards so pick up some slimfast/boost/chicken broth or something that can be your meal replacement. It kinda freaked me out that I didn't want food and when I did eat I ate very little.

2) Whatever you love to do when relaxing make sure you have access to it.. reading, movies, crocheting whatever

3) Go get a pedicure.. helps you to relax

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register