Sore calves and legs....Results! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore calves and legs....Results! Sore calves and legs....Results!

Unread 03-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Sore calves and legs

I've been having sore legs and calves (mainly calves) I took and Aleve last night before bed and that didn't work because I've been up since 2 am trying to get rid of this discomfort. I'm walking everyday and drinking at least a gallon of water a day.

So I'm a little concerned....has anyone else had or have this issue and if so what did you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Re: Sore calves and legs

YES.... I had this for about 8 weeks. Elevation seemed to help (laying on sofa with feet actually on the top of the back rest) I think it is from being in stirrups so long?
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:31 AM

Have you been checked for clots in the calves? I would call the doc.. Sometimes people have them without the warm to the touch feel or swelling that is common with them..

Better to be safe and get it checked out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2012, 08:01 AM

definitely call your dr and make sure it's not blood clots. don't wait - those symptoms could be clots, and if they're not, you weren't crazy for asking. Good luck - keep the sisters posted on your progress!
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM

I agree, call your doctor. I called for my swollen feet and the first thing they asked me was if my calves hurt. The nurse told me you can have clots without the redness and swelling.
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:10 AM

Oh my...ok calling the dr
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM

She wants me too come in...so I'll follow up when I get back......Thanks Sisters
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Yes!! My legs are STILL killing me. I had a TVH and Bladder sling. Both doctors said it's because of the way they have you in the stirrups and the amount of time you're in them. My urologist gave me an anti-inflammatory and they said to try to walk some. I hope this goes away soon. I think this has been the worst part!!
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafmxs View Post
Yes!! My legs are STILL killing me. I had a TVH and Bladder sling. Both doctors said it's because of the way they have you in the stirrups and the amount of time you're in them. My urologist gave me an anti-inflammatory and they said to try to walk some. I hope this goes away soon. I think this has been the worst part!!
For me it was one of the worst parts too. One of the first things I said to dh after recovery was "please massage my calves"! It's fine now (almost 12 weeks post) but it took a long long time.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Sore calves and legs....Results!

So all is well.. Went to see my dr and she sent me to South Jersey Radiology they did and ultrasound of my lower part of my body and the nurse said everything looks good and sounds good (blood flow)...so blood clots are ruled out I'm GRATEFUL for that.

I lost a friend years ago from a blood clot after surgery.

But still need to get rid of this soreness. I can barely walk and still haven't been to sleep yet (up since 2am)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register