New here and have upcoming DaVinci - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here and have upcoming DaVinci New here and have upcoming DaVinci

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Re: New here and have upcoming DaVinci

I am having my da vinci tomorrow due to severe endo and pelvic congestion (severe vericose veins in and on my uterus). I will keep folks updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 05:15 AM

I had daVinci on Feb. 6th. 5 incisions, ovaries and tubes only removed. Tired after a short outing, and at times feel raw inside at end of day. Think I have a few more weeks internally to go. Back to doc at end of month. Only do wash and load dishwasher. Tried going to store, and could not pull out shopping cart(empty one). Scooted around in one of those chairs. Got me to where I wanted to go! Good luck.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraL707 View Post
Hi everyone! What a great site this is. I'm scheduled to have a DaVinci hysterectomy as well as ovary removal on May 7th. I've had bad endometriosis for about two years now and had a previous laproscopic surgery to remove two enormous endometrioma's in May of 2010. It didn't take long for them to come back being thrust into sudden menopause at 40 makes me a bit nervous but I'm doing as much as I can to educate myself and prepare.

I've noticed from reading stories that there are many who've had this DaVinci procedure but not as many who've had their ovaries removed as well. For those that have, what was your recovery time like? Does anyone know if it's about the same as just having the uterus removed?

I had my DvH done on Feb 17th so I'm almost 3 week post-op. I had everything taken out since I had endo cancer. I don't think the recovery time would be any different if you just had the uterus or everything taken. My recovery has been pretty good. I've had very little pain and have been out shopping etc. I do get tired a lot easier than before. I tried to swiffer the floor earlier this week and I paid for it the next day! So you do have to still take it easy. I'd say the pain was more an achy feeling than actual pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2012, 01:08 AM

I had my DaVinci with TVT on March 7th and I feel great! I took pain meds for the first 48 hrs only. I have discomfort with gas pains (taking Miralax), coughing and when I sleep on my belly. I feel like I could go back to work tomorrow. I haven't experienced the fatigue that so many others have, but I kept my ovaries so maybe that is the difference. I too agree everyone recovers differently but I'm so glad I'm progressing along as well as I am.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:37 AM

Turns out both of my ovaries had to be removed. Today is 7 days after surgery. I felt great the first few days (except day 2 due to stubbornness of leaving hospital the same day as surgery ) but by the evening on day 5 I felt like I had been hit by a bus. More rest less working around the house and it's getting better. I had 7 incisions and am so glad I went with davinci.
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:59 PM

I am one week post-op from my Da Vinci having Uterus, tubes and cervix removed. I starting working remotely for partial days on Tuesday (procedure was last Thursday). Yesterday I went to work for a few hours to check in on things and then rested for a good part of the rest of the day. At this point, I am off any medication, except for advil. I feel good and the main pain that I have is when I am up and walking around for too long. I think that is the cervical cuff pain which my doctor warned me would probably take the longest to heal.

I think the main thing is to listen to you body and when you start feeling tired, take it easy. I tend to have a very high pain tolerance and have had 4 lap procedures before with 15 years of issues with endometriosis/pelvic congestion syndrome. I feel blessed each day that I was able to have 2 kids when I did and am very hopeful that I can close this chapter in my life living with pain and having it control my life. I am also so grateful that technology has come so far. I have 4 small incisions with 2 stitches each that will come out next week. It appears, at this point, that my previous pain has mostly resolved (it is difficult to tell when you are having the recovery pain) but I am hopeful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register