Scheduled dVH/RALH Crying Pre-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying Pre-Op Crying Pre-Op

Unread 03-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Crying Pre-Op

Got my date for my procedure and before I could get off the phone with my OB/GYN I started crying. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Re: Crying

Of course it is! I would be more than happy to listen and help if I am able. Care to elaborate a little more on what you are feeling? Is it for fear of the actual procedure? The unkowns? The organ removal itself? I am here for you as well as countless others who are in the same boat or have been there and reached the shore. Please let us help.
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM

I have my davinci Friday and seems like I can't stop crying! I'm not normally a big crier but the last few days its non stop. Hang in there, there is tons of support here, we are all together on this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM

blond! please share more with us, we can help you
I am so thankful that I found this site and the sisters on here, I have found nothing but positive uplifting encouragement.
I am praying for you and hope you start to see this as a good thing and not something to be afraid of!
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Really cannot tell what I am feeling. I just know the tears flowed like a water-fall and I could not stop them. I am happy to be getting something done to help me have a normal life once again. You have no idea of how many times I have had to rearrange around that time of the month or miss school or even work every month like clock-work!!! It has just became too much. Oh did I forget to add in the countless blood transfusions I have had to have as well as finding out that I was anemic!! The list goes on and on. I even thought I was not goning to make it through my father's funeral services because it was that time of the month and I just barely made it with the help of my kids shuffling me back and forward to the restroom with a backpack filled with goodies Should have had it done long time ago but prior responsibilites keep me from it and then it was like slow motion until everything came to a head so this is where I find myself at.
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM

I, too have run the gamut of emotions. My surgery has been postponed 5 times and it truly has been an emotional rollercoaster ride from hell. I have come to terms with it...but not overnight. Make a list of pro's and con's. Try and find a balance. Most of all, let yourself cry! It is a right of passage! I have faced a mastectomy as well and refuse to let my "parts" define me as a woman. Take your time and feel what you are feeling until you find some sort of acceptance. Talk to your loved ones and your sisters on here for guidance and support. I am crying typing this! Soon it will be time to busy yourself with preparations but you will get through it. Think of a summer free of tampons, pads, chucks, crime scene sheets and slaughterhouse unmentionables!! Cheers to us and a future without vaginal bleeding!! Such ambitious goals...
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:07 PM

I understand nothing about my body makes me a woman. I am okay with the lost it just the feeling of wanting to cry that has me bombed. You are right the months of not having to buy pads and tampoons as well as being up in the middle of the night doing laundry because of a spell or how about being down on your kands/knees cleaning the carpet or the floor because of drippage or your way to the bathroom! Thanks for telling me to take my time and you are so right time will be here before I know it.
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM

You will be okay Blond! Just remember your emotions and reactions are normal, it will pass and you will feel better

(((((((hugs to you)))))))
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM

Thanks!!
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM

It is a very scary proposition to have a hysterectomy. I had the daVinci on Feb 28. I too was scared, balled my eyes out once I scheduled it. But I am 8 days post op and feel great. I still have discomfort but I can get around the house with ease. Just be careful not to do so much. Let yourself heal.

daVinci was the way to go!

Best of luck

Jennifer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register