Scheduled dVH/RALH Crying Pre-Op - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying Pre-Op Crying Pre-Op

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Re: Crying Pre-Op

I did ok until they were an hour late for surgery, then told me it would be another hour... Mini melt down, ended up being 3.5 hours late and I had not eaten for 40 house and no fluids for 15 hours. I was climbing the walls with anxiety and was more of a butt head than any brides ills ever! My mom, dud and hubby actually said I more freaked out and crabby that day, then I was in labor, on my wedding day and during all if my school finals weeks combined! I was so on edge, and being constantly pushed back put me at my limit! Finally they could get to the "tequila in a needle" part, and I was much better! If at all possible, get the first slot of the day, even if it takes longer to get in, so you aren't locked and loaded with nothing to do but think! So gad it's over though !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:55 AM

That is absolutely awful. Hope they pamper you to death afterwards. You sooo deserve it. All the best in your resting period and recovery period. Hugs!
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM

My hysterectomy is Thursday (my birthday) and living with the fact you are having major surgery for a couple months has given me ups and downs. I have felt like my bucket has been full with not feeling well, busy at work and home responsibilities and any little thing makes me react. You are not alone with the emotions. I guess it takes one to know one. The people I have talked to and read e-mails from say we will feel better in time. That is a blessing. Good luck. We will be healing together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM

I really appreciate this thread because it makes me feel more normal! I scheduled my surgery on Wednesday (it's happening 5/14), and felt good and happy that day...yes, all of the problems were going to be ending! Thursday night had a major crying jag and have been on the verge of tears the past few days. Can't really explain it. I think it's a combination of fear, anxiety, relief, doubt, and mourning the loss to come. It is a roller-coaster of emotions. Nice to know that I'm not alone in feeling all of this.
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Look on the brighter side .. NO MORE PADS!!!! I smile every time I find one....and throw it away! I have them poked away EVERYWHERE!!!!! I will be finding them for years!
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM

I am more upset about what the recovery is going to be like. I have not cried yet...in reference to the end of child bearing. I am 45 and have 5 kids so I am very grateful. I am sure as the date gets closer my feeling will change. I think that it's been so long since I have felt normal that I forget what its like and am looking forward to finding out again. I have put this off far too long and it's my time. Is anyone else not emotional?
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStar31 View Post
I am more upset about what the recovery is going to be like. I have not cried yet...in reference to the end of child bearing. I am 45 and have 5 kids so I am very grateful. I am sure as the date gets closer my feeling will change. I think that it's been so long since I have felt normal that I forget what its like and am looking forward to finding out again. I have put this off far too long and it's my time. Is anyone else not emotional?
I am emotional and was emotional before my surgery. I am not a biological mother. I am a step mom to 3 Teenagers, 2 of which live with us full time. I was/am emotional about the whole "end of being able to be a "mom". However, to remain the way I was....wasn't living! I was tied to the house FAR too many days of the month with heavy bleeding and pains. I can't wait to START RELIVING AGAIN~!! I tell my husband that 1 year from now I will be a whole new woman!
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am having a melt down of huge proportions My blood pressure is high, indegestion in the form of acid reflux, hives. All of this started in earnest when I paid my deductibles and submitted my FMLA paperwork. Is this normal, oh did I mention the crying gags at any moment. What is going on?
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:52 AM

Hi My name is Kim I'm New to this site. My date is 3/23/12 and I woke up this morning crying and can't stop. Thanks for letting me know this is normal I thought I was going crazy.:new.
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM

blondfour, by any chance do you take motrin? I was taking a ton of Motrin..800mgs up to 3 x a day and my blood pressure went nuts and my reflux was off the charts. it could just be nerves...call your Dr. Maybe they can give you an anti-anxiety med to get you through...The crying is SO normal. Hang in there ladies! Kimberly...24 hours and you are on the other side...you can do this. The best way for me to handle the anxiety is to walk...not very fast but being outdoors clears my head and allows me to think.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register