Constant nausea and vomiting 13 days after LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constant nausea and vomiting 13 days after LAVH Constant nausea and vomiting 13 days after LAVH

Unread 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Constant nausea and vomiting 13 days after LAVH

Hi,
I had a LAVH with bladder sling 13 days ago. I got to keep my ovaries, I think...my doctor keeps asking me if he removed my ovaries and keep saying yes but now I am not so sure. Two days after my LAVH I started having hot flashes, tender breast, mood swings, nausea and vomiting. I have questioned my doctor about these symptoms and he said it has nothing to do with the surgery...but it started 2 days later. He gave me medicine for the nausea and vomiting however I am still vomiting. Has anyone experienced nausea and vomiting for so long after their surgeries? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I don't know where else to turn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Re: Constant nausea and vomiting 13 days after LAVH

I am sorry I cannot help on the vomiting and sickness bit, as I did not get any of that.

All the other symptoms would tie in with a surgical menopause, meaning that you have had one, or both of your ovaries removed.

My post op check up with the surgeon was delayed, so I saw my GP after 6 weeks. He was able to print out the surgeons histopathology report. This gave full details of what was done, and what was found.

I don't know whether you can get this from your surgeon, or whether your GP would have access to this for you. There are differences in health care between the UK and the USA, and Canada.

If you have had both ovaries removed, it could be that your body is having an extreme reaction to the loss of estrogen, and this could be causing the sickness.
If this is the case, it is odd that your doctor did not link the 2 things, but perhaps it is not such a common reaction.
Keep asking the Doc questions if the pills he has given you do not work
Hope this helps
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Tess

if you are having constant nausea and vomiting you may be dehydrated. If yoy aren't able to keep anything down including liquids, at this stage in the game, i would suggest a trip to the ER.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM

I am so sorry you are feeling so sick for so long Are you taking any medications since the surgery that could be making you sick, any narcotics still or other meds? Do you have another doctor you could call/go to, who could help get to the bottom of this? You must be very dehydrated now as well, I would recommend going to the ER for fluids. I hope you get some relief asap.
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM

I went back to my doctor today because my incisions were red and hot so he started me on antibiotics. I hope the antibiotics will help. I am a MRSA carrier and why I wasn't given antibiotics after my surgery is still a mystery. I know after this little bump in the road things will be great. Thanks for all the replies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register