Why are you getting your hysterectomy? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why are you getting your hysterectomy? Why are you getting your hysterectomy?

Unread 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Re: Why are you getting your hysterectomy?

I was trapped by pain and periods it was a cycle that i just couldnt escape i waited over a year like i was told to see if time would help ive had 4 c sections so they thought it could be that i went back to my orignal doc a little over a year and she said that no time was not going to help and that was pointless she ran some test and said my uteras measures at 10.5 weeks pregnant. Im not pregnant i had my tubes removed in july of 2010. She also saw two masses inside shes not 100 % on what they are so pathology will tell us the pain and amount of clots and blood each month is unreal it was stopping my life i cant sit flat on my bottom when on my period because it feels like a knife is in my privates going straight up to my uteras. I was just "dealing" with the pain like everyone said i was suppose to my now ex would say i was just looking for an excuse and it really hurt my feelings after us having two kids he couldnt say ya maybe things are bad in there our kids are 13 months apart and like i said c sections my guess is something with scar tissue or healing was messed up then and its caused these issues i want my life back i want to live well and live happy!!!!! not live in my bathroom doubling up on tampons and pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM

I am having a hysterectomy after having successful uterine ablation, cystectomies and removal of endo in June of 2011. Awesome doc who did a fantastic job trying to help me avoid the hyst-but the adnomyosis has created a bunch of issues we did not anticipate. So today I found out: Left hematosalpinx and hematometra and extensive deep adenomyosis. My doc is telling me we can remove uterus, but leave ovaries and cervix-I am down a few organs from past surgeries already and was NOT happy to hear this...My poor husband and kids have already been through the ringer and I don't want to miss any more work than I have to. Thankful I have a terrific doc whom I trust with my life and am now waiting for the folks to call and schedule. He has made the impression that this needs to happen quickly, so my fingers are crossed we'll be done with this with very little waiting.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:44 PM

tina...what kind of testing did you have to dx this? Just curious because I had a hysteroscopy to remove a hematometra from my ablation...had it done in Oct. Still ended up needing a hyster though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Actually they thought I had a ruptured cyst about 4 weeks ago-I went to ER with some pretty intense pain, hot flashes and nausea-did a CT Scan then and couldn't say for sure that's what it was, but there were issues in the left ovary area. Went to my doc to follow up two days after-he did exam and said, too painful for me to do ultrasound today-let's follow up in 4 weeks. Today we did transvag ultrasound and the issue was clear as could be-you can see the blood collected in the uterus and the tube-and there's no way to prevent it from happening in the future or getting worse without removing the culprit. My doc is so excellent, he actually suggested the hyst last June, but I wanted to avoid it at all costs...
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Same here...Doc wanted to do hyster and i wanted to wait and opted for tubal with ablation instead. Big mistake!!! When is your surgery/
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM

He is going to call me tomorrow with the date. The sad thing is the ablation was an awesome fix-no bleeding, no issues with headaches, etc. I had before the endo fix, no more bowel or bladder probs associated with endo, it was terrific. I can tell you there is no way in heck I can be off work for 6 weeks. He is telling me one week, then half days for a week, then see how I do after that. He says he can do it using the same incision areas from the last procedure, it will take less time than the last procedure (which lasted about 2 hours longer than they thought-I was a mess in there!) and he's confident I will heal quickly. I need to find out now what I can do to prepare that will help the process go more smoothly-exercises, foods to eat, etc. to get in the best shape possible. I don't think I'll have much time...
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM

I will be at the Castle overnight, I get to come home on Thursday.
I picked up a Zero candy bar and some fiber one bars. Didn't think about bladder issues so will probably sneak out later and grab some cranberry juice and 7up. I'll probably send the husband out for some double stuffed oreo cookies on Friday.
You know yesterday I was a wreak, but today I am very much at peace with everything. In twelve hours I will be heading to the Castle and am so ready for it. rincess:
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM

Good Luck Kim...what did you decide about the ovaries? Or did I ask you that already? Please update me on how you are feeling when you are up to it. I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts! Rock it princess!!
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:11 PM

I started my period at 10. I am almost 44.
I have a 20 cm mass and multiple fibroids, endometriosis and a few other problems.
I am so anemic I have had to have transfusions. I was critical at one point in ICU.
I am through having children (obviously) I am also a Type 1 Diabetic.
There was honestly no reason to keep going through this at my age, it was the best decision for me.
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM

I have an ovarian cyst and fibroids. It looks like a simple cyst. There is a small chance that it is ovarian cancer, but I have been advised to have the cyst (and the ovary) removed or it may cause pain or an emergency situation in the future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register