Scheduled LSH Need some answers!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some answers!!! Need some answers!!!

Unread 03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Re: Need some answers!!!

I am post-op at 4 weeks. I had LSH and a 3 inch incision to remove the uterus. Had surgery on Tuesday morning and home Wednesday evening. I'm 62 years old. Recovering has gone quite well for me. Only issue I had was with the bruising as that made me feel sore. I did have belly button drainage but once I understood that was normal I dealt with it. I have had no discharge or bleeding (hope I can donate all the pads I bought). The ride home was awful but the pillow did help. I used an animal pillow my kids bought for me and used it at home when I got up. My son and husband were home with me. When hubby went back to work on Monday I got my own meals. The boys did all the housework so I had no worry there. I found sleeping in a recliner was way more comfortable than the bed. Easy getting out of. I walked, walked and walked whenever I could inside the house. Each day I felt better. For the steps, they told me just take it slow and one at a time. I don't have steps so had no issue there. Best advice to really take it easy and slow. The first week will be your hardest and from there you just feel better everyday. I only took pain medication the first week and then switched to tylenol for a few times. I did find a heating pad felt really good on my tummy. Pamper yourself and just let your body tell you what you can and cannot do. Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Prayers coming your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM

My surgeon suggested removing my cervix along with my uterus, Im trying to decide if i want to. Im afraid things will feel weird after i am able to resume sexual activity. Also Ive read many stories about the vaginal cuff, not healing correctly. If anyone has any advice that would be great. A wonderful women I work with said any pillow will work for tummy support as long as its not to firm. I also have heard a body pillow works while laying down in bed. You can get one at walmart or targer for around $13.00. I would stock up on simple easy meals you can microwave or premake meals and freeze them, i wont have alot of help after surgery so when ever i have made a big meal i just freeze a tupperwear of leftovers. I hope this helps.
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM

I know some people didn't have too much problem with stairs, but the first couple of days are really uncomfortable. I didn't have an appetite either those first days (and longer). Could you move a microwave/toaster upstairs and have soup and unperishables (crackers, bread, bottled water) stored there too, just in case you aren't feeling up to going up/down the stairs the first couple of days?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register