7 weeks post-op EMOTIONAL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post-op EMOTIONAL 7 weeks post-op EMOTIONAL

Unread 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM
7 weeks post-op EMOTIONAL

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since surgery and overall I've had a pretty uneventful recovery. Before surgery I suffered for 3 years with out of control bleeding and for the past year I've have been an emotional basketcase, walking around on the verge of tears every second of the day. The littlest things would send me into a crying fit, etc..... I know that alot of it was because I didn't feel good, so I didn't feel good about myself, I was constantly tired, and on and on, you get the picture.

Anyway, since my surgery I have felt like my old self, smiling, laughing, my sense of humor had returned. I was so excited and it made me feel so good to hear my husband say how proud he was of me and how glad he was that the old me was back and the tired, crabby cry baby was gone. Then yesterday- BAM- without warning my crying, weepy self returned.

What happened??? I don't understand. I can't help it. I was on the verge of tears all day, just felt blah, didn't want to talk to anyone or be seen.

At this point in my recovery I am miffed. Anyone else experienc this and at this point??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Re: 7 weeks post-op EMOTIONAL

I think you are a totally normal woman. It's okay to be weepy or sad at times. I'm just like you. Years of evil bleeding and pain along with the hormonal roller coaster left me tired; tired of trying to be normal in the world while feeling so crappy. After the surgery, we get to be like we were before and it's glorious. We, as women, are lucky that we can show emotions. It's healthy. I wouldn't look at this weepy period as a set back. You know you can be happy and joyous; the weepy times just show how great the happy times really are. Certainly, if this continues for a lengthy period of time you should see your DR and look at your hormone levels. They might need tweaking. I really do think you are fine. Come here for support and to let us know how you are doing. Take care : )
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Thank you Sharona19 for your response. I was caught off guard yesterday when all I wanted to do was cry. I have been almost euphoric since the surgery because I seemed to have my emotions under control and I could laugh and smile at the world again. It was so horrible to always be crying.

I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM

I am 5 weeks into this. Crying comes and goes. Some days I do not want to be bothered by anyone. I am not good about putting on a game face. I think looking back at the realization of what we've been through just shows its ugly head. I do feel better when I communicate with everybody on this site. It has been very helpful to me. Thanks to all.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:24 AM

Most of us have dealt with unbelievable pain, bleeding, hormonal issues and the exhaustion of having to still function at top speed at work and home. We don't talk or complain about this because we are conditioned to think that this is what women must put up with. Then we have this surgery and discover that "hey, wait a minute, I feel good-really good" I was actually angry that I suffered needlessly for years because my symptoms were dismissed as part of being a women. I genuinely thought that all women bled like I did and that I was a wimp for complaining. It was hugely emotional for me to come through this and get the life I was, we all were, supposed to have. It's okay to have sad days. We've been through so much; the pre op issues and recovering from major, life changing surgery. I'm sorry to ramble, there's just so much more to this. It's sometimes hard to put it all into words.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM

yep, this is a rough one, but came to the conclusion that except for this site, I am on my own. Those around me unless they have been through it-just don't get it. I don't even bother trying to explain, and that makes me angry. Can't ever remember when I had to focus so much attention on myself. Hope this does not sound jerky.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM

No it doesn't. That's exactly it. Women never focus on ourselves. It's our nature to make sure everyone else is taking care of first and rarely is there anything left for ourselves. I think its why we struggle so much with the recovery; we can't allow ourselves to take time to care for ourselves. We just don't know how and don't get me going about the guilt...It's weird to be in the spotlight with this surgery. Thank God for this site. Unless you've been through this, you just can't understand it's complexity.
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM

I got over the guilt in week 2. Trying to help anybody else at that point risked me going back in the hospital. I actually think before I do stuff now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register