4 weeks post op..now the bomshell! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op..now the bomshell! 4 weeks post op..now the bomshell!

Unread 03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
4 weeks post op..now the bomshell!

Hi there.

Im from the UK and have been reading your pre and post op.. help, tips and stories for quite a while now..thanks everyone by the way.

I am currently 4 weeks post op and had everything removed exept my cervix. It all went so well..apart from the gas pains and a slight wound infection which was cleared with some anti biotics and a hairdryer on a cool setting (maybe a british thing).lol

Anyway, I was called back to my surgeons office yesterday and was expecting a routine examination etc..but instead was told that after my op a biopsy of my womb had been performed and it was found that i had Stage 1 cancer and didnt even know. Because i had a football sized fibroid, all my symptoms were blamed on this and cancer hadnt even been mentioned.
So basically within 10 minutes i was..told i had cancer but it had been caught and treated. wow! i was, and still am in shock.
Ive needed this op for 10 years now and always put it off, but for some reason knew that this time i had to go through with it..if i HAD waited just another year or two who knows were this would have all ended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Re: 4 weeks post op..now the bomshell!

Hi Jane! WOW!!!! That sounds like a miracle!! Glad to hear that everything has worked out the way it did!!!! :-)
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM

That was a true Blessing!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 01:22 PM

In January I was told I had three 2cm fibroids, one in my uterus, one in my cervix and one in my left ovary). Because of my family history of cancer (mom died in 2008 of ovarian cancer & maternal aunt several years before that), and my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which has symptoms that mask those of ovarian cancer, my Gyn/Oncologist recommended a hysterectomy. I totally agreed. I had my DvH on February 17th and I'm happy to say that my path report was completely normal. My point is, you have to be pro-active and aggressive in taking care of your health. I'm sorry for your diagnosis but SO happy that you caught it when you did!! Good luck in your continued recovery and health. ***HUGS***
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks ladies.

i walked away from my surgeons office yesterday feeling like I had been hit by a train.. The Dr told me to be happy, he said ''look, we caught this, dont worry'', all i could think of was cancer! cancer!
Now after a day and some deep thinking i am feeling a lot better.

It was just strange that i didnt go through the whole..symptoms,diagnosis,treatment, cure..YAY!! I know some people might think that it was a good thing that i didnt have weeks of worry, but at the time the C word just knocked me for six..I am going through a divorce too and waas completely alone..but have the two most precious little grandaughters to keep me strong. xx
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:31 PM

wow! years ago, my uncle told be when being diagnosed with something to research, research, research. That way you are always comfortable with your decision. Outcome is sometimes another story. All the best.
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Take comfort in those precious granddaughters (I have 4)! You will be around for a very long time to enjoy them.
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:43 PM

You skipped a lot of steps. Glad it was caught early. Kids will make you smile, and probably laugh at the same time. All the best.
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:28 AM

Hi , im also from the uk , so know about the hairdryer and it works.
I am 3 weeks post op , sore , sometimes emotional , but not doing too bad. I can imagine your shock and feel happy that all is now well as far as the cancer is concerned. Keep improving , enjoy your grandaughters and be kind to yourself. I am waiting for my post op appointment that is due at 6 weeks , so im thinking if they haven't called me back early my path results are good , here's hoping . Keep well x
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM

I am so happy for you. What an awesome blessing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register