Post Surgical Shapewear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Surgical Shapewear Post Surgical Shapewear

Unread 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Post Surgical Shapewear

Has anyone tried the post surgical shapewear by Leonisa? I am a size 16 and wondering if these would be to confining or it they would roll down when sitting. If anyone could give me some feedback I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Re: Post Surgical Shapewear

The only thing I could wear for a week after my DvH was very loose fitting sweat type pants...
Everything else seem to hurt. I could not even use a belly binder or anything like it.... nothing pressing on my tummy at all...
I know others liked the pressure against their tummy but I hated anything near it...
Good Luck

:hugs5:
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:19 PM

I just looked them up online...ouch they look to painful to me. I just picked up a couple of pair of shaping panties with a high waist was from Walmart. They have a very light control and only $3.00 a pair. Someone posted how great they were so I'm giving them a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:05 PM

Thanks for your responces. When I was looking at the belly binders in the hyster store they do look a little painful so I was wondering if I would be able to wear one but I think I will get one just in case. For the shaperwear I was thinking of using it after I healed a litlle to wear out and about in case I get swelly belly. But I will definetly look for the control panties at Walmart next time I go. Thanks for the tips really appreciate it.
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:23 PM

I'm a size 18/20 pant and tried shapewear/control panties after I returned to work (after 4 weeks off to recoup). OK in the morning, as the day wore on they gave me mega-muffin top. I went right back to the hospital-issued belly binder.

I also tried belly binders that were less "industrial" (softer & less wide) then the hospital-issued binder. They rolled down so I again went back to the hospital-issued binder.

Before I was released from the hospital I asked my nurse for a spare binder. It both saved me time shopping & got covered by insurance.

Good luck to you!
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:11 AM

It sounds like the belly binder is the way to go. Not sure if the hospital is going to provide one or not. I forgot to ask at my last appt. How long did you wear the binder? Did you wear it for support or to minimize your belly? Is the binder really bulky? Is it revealing under clothes? Did you wear it for swelly belly? Sorry for all the questions Thank you
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM

I woke up from surgery as they were putting the binder on me and wore one almost 24/7 the first month. I liked the supported feeling the binder gave me around my midsection. I had a large amount of fibroids removed which left me with a hollow belly (who knew that wasn't just fat?) so I also liked the compression the binder offered. I never could stand anything tight around my waist so that's why the shapewear didn't work for me.

When I realized that the binder still worked best after I returned to work, I just added a jacket or shrug over my dress clothes to hide it. I don't wear my clothes super snug so the binder didn't show much and when it did the jacket or shrug seemed to hide it. I wore it for months, at first during more active work assignments then at night to deflate my "swelly belly" that occured if I didn't wear it all day. Once I returned to the gym, I always wore it for safety (might have been mental, but it felt good).

And during my recovery I wore yoga pants (Walmart has a great brand- Danskin Now in Bootcut, only $14-) and loose v-neck t-shirts with my binder underneath. Again, if I added a sweatshirt jacket over it the binder was pretty much hidden. Having 2 allowed me to wear one, wash one.

Good luck to you!
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:27 AM

I woke up from surgery and had an abdominal binder on, I thing that's what it was. It felt good. The doc ordered it taken off and told me not to wear a girdle or anything because it would make me flabby. I ordered the binder from hystersisters bc I'm a side sleeper and I feel I have no support in my abdominal area. Flabby, really? You just took a major organ that was filled with fibroids and left a space...seems flabby just may be inevitable!
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM

I have not had surgery yet, but orderd the binder from hyster sisters when i tried it on I loved it!
I am hoping to love it even more after surgery is over
Unread 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I am really glad I asked this question as I would have spent $60 on something that could have made things worse. I am more convinced on the binder now. Did anybody order the binder with the icepack inserts? Wondering if this would help much and if it would be more revealing.

Flabby? Oh no! Did anyone else experience this? Does it get better?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register