Post Surgical Shapewear - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Surgical Shapewear Post Surgical Shapewear

Unread 03-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Re: Post Surgical Shapewear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStar31 View Post
I just chalked it up to the meds!! And I have to know where on God's green earth do you get the gift of a tummy tuck with a hysterectomy? I need to book my flight...
My doctor told me I could have a tummy tuck at the same time, his son is a plastic surgeon, how convenient. Insurance won't cover the 10k so I didn't tuck anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2012, 08:08 PM

I had a full tummy tuck back In July of 2005. I was worried about this surgery because it would mess up my beautiful belly! But.... This sweet doctor of mine agreed to cut me on the same scar as the tummy tuck incision! Yay! It looks great! Right above the pubic bone! It's a little lower than an actual incision for a hysterectomy. My doctor knew how important that was to me. Also no muscles were cut for this surgery since I had all of them repaired from c sections.
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Hey ladies, had my surgery one week ago, get the binder with the ice packs. You can use it either way, with or without (two for one). I feel so much better when I wear mine, it helps with the pressure. You"ll be so happy you bought it.

Good luck and get well soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2012, 07:58 PM

When I had my tummy tuck I lived in my binder for a month probably! I bought a binder this time and I hate it. I tried to wear it but it just doesn't fit right so I don't try anymore. Maybe I bought the wrong size? I got my last one at the hospital!

Hope everyone is healing well
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:53 PM

I also bought the belly binder from this web site and love it. Sometimes it bothers me and I have to take it off, but mostly it gives me support and I wear it. Especially when I am going to be on my feet for a while.

******HUGS*****
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishr View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I am really glad I asked this question as I would have spent $60 on something that could have made things worse. I am more convinced on the binder now. Did anybody order the binder with the icepack inserts? Wondering if this would help much and if it would be more revealing.

Flabby? Oh no! Did anyone else experience this? Does it get better?
I am a little flabby, I have lost 21 pounds since my TAH 3 weeks ago. Without working out, that means some loose skin. But, I drink tons of water and do the elliptical every morning. I was wanting to drop 30 lbs anyway so this is a great jump start, although I wouldn't recommend this for a weight loss program! Believe me, flabby will be the last thing on your mind for a while!
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I just chalked it up to the meds!! And I have to know where on God's green earth do you get the gift of a tummy tuck with a hysterectomy? I need to book my flight...
I started off having a LSH but after the DR got a look at all the scar tissue, he had to also do a TAH. I was cut vertically for my 2 c-sections so he went in through that previous incision. My fab DR took out 8lbs of scar tissue and redid my scar, taking about 7 inches off my waistline. Not a complete tummy tuck, but a nice bonus for all this!
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Readyforrelief...I am now wishing I had gone to Texas for my surgery! I have a cousin in Terrell. Might I ask how soon you started back on the elliptical? I am a serious walker...5 days a week 5-8 miles each time. It helped me drop 35 lbs and when I stopped because of female issues...I gained 10 back! So mad. I haven't been told how long I have to wait before I can exercise. I am sure the intensity will have to be less as well as the length and the frequency. What were you told? Is it harder to exercise after? Congrats on cruising through your surgery with some decent outcome...gives me hope!
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Readyforrelief...I am now wishing I had gone to Texas for my surgery! I have a cousin in Terrell. Might I ask how soon you started back on the elliptical? I am a serious walker...5 days a week 5-8 miles each time. It helped me drop 35 lbs and when I stopped because of female issues...I gained 10 back! So mad. I haven't been told how long I have to wait before I can exercise. I am sure the intensity will have to be less as well as the length and the frequency. What were you told? Is it harder to exercise after? Congrats on cruising through your surgery with some decent outcome...gives me hope!
I am 3 weeks out and I started on the elliptical the day I got home, 4 days post surgery. Very slowly. It was easier on me than walking; no impact. Did only 2 minutes at first but now I am proud to say I can do a full 9 minutes (no incline 1 resistance) as of today! Yes, a far cry from my usual 35 min at max incline and resistance pre surgery, but it feels great! I try to do it 3 times per day but the past 2 days were pain days for me so I was in bed. Woke up with no pain and a much better frame of mind today and did my 9. Also, I live rural and I was afraid if I walked too far and couldn't get back home, it might be a while before someone came by to help! Talk to your DR, explain the no impact and see what they say. It has been great for me.
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Post Surgical Shapewear

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforreleif View Post
I am 3 weeks out and I started on the elliptical the day I got home, 4 days post surgery. Very slowly. It was easier on me than walking; no impact. Did only 2 minutes at first but now I am proud to say I can do a full 9 minutes (no incline 1 resistance) as of today! Yes, a far cry from my usual 35 min at max incline and resistance pre surgery, but it feels great! I try to do it 3 times per day but the past 2 days were pain days for me so I was in bed. Woke up with no pain and a much better frame of mind today and did my 9. Also, I live rural and I was afraid if I walked too far and couldn't get back home, it might be a while before someone came by to help! Talk to your DR, explain the no impact and see what they say. It has been great for me.
Wow I'm impressed! My doctor told me absolutely nothing for two weeks except rest! He told me I could walk around the house but that was it! I'm a walker too! It's very hard not to do what I want but I figure in this case the doctor knows best! So here I sit resting until Tuesday which is my 2 week mark!

I guess all doctors are different! I had a SAH/BSO which means I still have my cervix. Today marks 10 days and it was my worst day yet! I had no energy. Even the shower took my breath away! But I know it's not going to last forever!

Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register