Husband help/sharing bed - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband help/sharing bed Husband help/sharing bed

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Re: Husband help/sharing bed

My husband and I shared a bed after surgery, but I have a row of pillows separating us lol. It has been almost four weeks since I had my surgery and he as just started throwing his leg over the pillow barrier. We have not snuggled at night post op for fear it may awaken other feelings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:15 AM

I turned upside down with head at bottom of bed. Several nights early on I slept on the family room sofa, and watched TV when I could not sleep.
Unread 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Thats funny my fiance asked me the same thing yesterday. I told him that I would feel better knowing he was right there. We have been together for 6 years and have never slept apart. Also if I need help going to the bathroom or anything he can help me. Our living room is on the other side of the house so I would be on my own if he slept on the couch. He doenst move much in his slept so I am not worried about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 03:48 PM

We are thinking about the e-book for men....
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM

where did you hear about the book? Title? That would be an interesting read.
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:05 PM

This is the sweetest thing I have read thus far...we've covered the funny for sure! It makes me long for the days of B.C. (before children) when my husband and I actually slept in the same bed. SIGH...oh well. I will be owning that Queen size bed...it's all me...no passengers no prisoners! Will miss morning snuggle time with the youngin's but we will adjust it to suit my pain level. Best of luck...I am still wiping the misty eyes!
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl54 View Post
where did you hear about the book? Title? That would be an interesting read.
Here is a link for the Mister Hystersisters e-book: http://www.hysterectomystore.com/boo...s-guide-ebook/
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM

thank you.
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:49 PM

I can't imagine not having him there after surgery. Neither one of us sleeps well without the other. After my hip surgeries he couldn't wait for me to get home so he could sleep again.
Some of us are very blessed to have found diamonds in the rough.

Book, My mom actually told me that she hoped that I would marry someone like Jim one day. From my mother's lips to God's ears. Years later guess how I married? the man I mother picked for me. And he was there for me when my mom passed as well. And I know she will be holding me as I go in for this surgery cause I've felt her every time I've going in for a surgery.
And my DH was going to drop me off at the castle and then go to work, and that was OK with me. He came home tonight and told me that he took Tuesday and Wednesday off so he could be with me and make sure I was OK and comfortable. I'm so blessed.
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM

CarolAnne, what a sweet surprise! He's a keeper!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register