Husband help/sharing bed - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband help/sharing bed Husband help/sharing bed

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Re: Husband help/sharing bed

I must be the only one. My husband snores and moves a lot. He was so afraid he would roll over and hurt me. He slept in our son's bed for 4 weeks. (Son is away in college). It worked out great with my insomnia and all. He got his rest and I got to watch tv until I fell asleep. At the end of 4 weeks we were so looking forward to sleeping in the same bed again. It kind of refreshed our relationship. Felt new, exciting and fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM

Sounds like you all have wonderful husbands! Mine has been an angel as well. He has helped me with everything and has been totally there for me inspite of being exhausted himself. Neither of us would be happy if we didn't share our bed!
Unread 03-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Awww... what a sweetie!
I am 6 days post-op now and have been sharing the bed (as normal) with my husband since I returned home after my 2 night stay in the hospital. Before we left he helped my set up my side so it was ready when I returned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM

My husband will be taking two weeks off when I go in for surgery, so I am happy. Thank you for all the responses....we were concerned. I would not know what to do without him. He has been there for me through everything. He was there when my mother was ill many times and he held me when my mother passed away. Before I met my DH, I had no plans to get married, but after meeting DH, those plans went out the window. I am happy that he will be there for me. All he wants is for me to be healthy, and not go thru what my mother went thru with all her problems. I lucked out with DH and I love him. He is my heart.
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM

So sweet bookfan. I am so sorry for your hard times but so happy that you have such a wonderful man in your life. They aren't all bad ! My husband is a Godsend...would never have survived the past 2 years without him and don't even want to think of a future without him by my side. Best wishes..
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM

My DH has been my rock! He has really been supportive and loving through this whole thing. I know it must be hard for him too, but he never has complained once. Don't know what I would do without him!

Hope you all continue to heal and feel better.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:32 PM

My hubby snores and is very restless at night. I could not cope with him in the bed on my first night home and probably not on my second night either.
In fact I have to ask him to walk a bit lighter when he comes in the room he is such a plodder the whole room shakes and sends a ripple of pain through me lol.
He has been a gem though.
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:43 AM

I would not want to sleep without my hubby either...though I do worry because he is SO snuggly. We are glued together at night and when one of us turns the other turns that way too. If I slide too far away (if it gets too hot) he reaches over and pulls me up like a kid with a teddy bear...THAT part worries me a bit because he is completely asleep and unaware that he does it. Since I am having chunks taken out of both breasts and having the hyst, I really don't want him reaching over and pulling me. I told him I am planning on spending a couple of nights in my recliner so he would have the bed to himself. He said no way, he would be in the other recliner right next to me. This after a year of marriage...I hope it never changes. He is taking two weeks off of work to help out, so that should give us time to adjust to things.

So many anxieties and things to think about, huh? I will be glad to have this all over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register