Scheduled TVH Surgery 3/13, today I get weepy?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 3/13, today I get weepy?!?! Surgery 3/13, today I get weepy?!?!

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Surgery 3/13, today I get weepy?!?!

I went shopping for some after surgery items and decided to get my 2 boys a little gift for my mom to give them while I was at the hospital. I almost broke down right there in the store. I am going to miss them so much, I will only be gone overnight!
This shouldnt be anything new for me, I recently divorced and they go to there dads every other weekend.
So why now am I weepy because I will miss them?!?!?!
Maybe because I am losing my urterus, and my uterus helped me to get them?!?!?!

All in all I am excited for my surgery, no more pain, no more bloody looking massacres when I wake up!!
Plus my mom was told to have this same surgery when she was my age and she chose not to, let me tell you her problems now are horrific, she said she can feel her bladder and uterus when she wipes after going to the restroom. Sorry I know TMI. But my point is I do not want to end up like her, she can barely make it to the bathroom with out an accident.

So no more weepy feeling, I am getting my life in control, I am going to be able to do fun activities with my kids!

I am WOMAN hear me ROAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Re: Surgery 3/13, today I get weepy?!?!

Good Girl!
Your weepiness is normal. There are a lot of emotions that come to the surface with a hysterectomy. It can be overwhelming trying to process them all. You've got a good attitude, you will feel healthier and be able to have lots of fun with your kids after.
ROAR away!!
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM

Hey good luck with your surgery! I had a weepy day today also. My surgery is Monday the 12th,total hysterectomy with removal of a tumor the size of a basketball. Being nervous and emotional is normal for us. However knowing it's normal still doesn't get rid of the heebie jeebies, but it does help knowing it will soon be better, and there will be a new beginning. Keep well and I look forward to hearing that you are recovering well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:36 PM

Being emotional is all part of the package and process for this surgery. I had a few before and many afterwards!

You may think you are going crazy - you are not. Just get on and post to women who understand exactly what you are going through!

(((Hugs)))
Unread 03-10-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrup View Post
I went shopping for some after surgery items and decided to get my 2 boys a little gift for my mom to give them while I was at the hospital. I almost broke down right there in the store. I am going to miss them so much, I will only be gone overnight!
This shouldnt be anything new for me, I recently divorced and they go to there dads every other weekend.
So why now am I weepy because I will miss them?!?!?!
Maybe because I am losing my urterus, and my uterus helped me to get them?!?!?!

All in all I am excited for my surgery, no more pain, no more bloody looking massacres when I wake up!!
Plus my mom was told to have this same surgery when she was my age and she chose not to, let me tell you her problems now are horrific, she said she can feel her bladder and uterus when she wipes after going to the restroom. Sorry I know TMI. But my point is I do not want to end up like her, she can barely make it to the bathroom with out an accident.

So no more weepy feeling, I am getting my life in control, I am going to be able to do fun activities with my kids!

I am WOMAN hear me ROAR
How scary that must be for your Mom. Is there any hope for her? Would she consider getting that all fixed?
Hug your mom for me.
Blessings to you both,
J
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:22 AM

Yep...you're "normal"...I knew I'd be emotional ( info from reading posts here) so I warned hubby and the kids ahead of time so they could try to be prepared and understand...now if I find myself having "a moment" (which is rare now) I usually bust out laughing at my own self (not because its funny in all cases but because its just not ME), especially when my kids ask questions like "mom, is this a surgery moment? (teenagers)...but it does get better...good luck with surgery and recovery, its not near as bad as I had anticipated, although I must admit I've been blessed with a great recovery so far.
Unread 03-10-2012, 03:10 AM

5 weeks almost post op and still cry, but it has started to decrease in frequency.Amy-loved the hear me Roar. Too funny!
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Thanks all for your support! Cleaning like a mad women this weekend. Laundry all done folded and put away as well
Then work on monday and castle visit on Tuesday
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:50 AM

All the best for your surgery. We are rooting for you! Will be here at the other end when you get out. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register