Vivelle Dot and Dizziness - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot and Dizziness Vivelle Dot and Dizziness

Unread 03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Re: Vivelle Dot and Dizziness

I am approaching one year post op and have been on Vivelle since immediately after surgery. I have been very happy with my new life because my biggest fear wasn't losing my body parts of was losing myself. That has not happened so I'm happy. That being said, mild headaches and something like dizziness but not exactly, have been bugging me for a bit. The worst just once was in the hallway at work. I felt like I just stepped off a boat and couldn't find my land legs. It passed quickly. Since having so much success I really didn't suspect the patch. My first thought was too low a dose. Not sure what I'll do next but good to read what's happening to others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM

I know this was posted several months ago, but as I'm searching for an explanation to the headaches and dizziness, I came across this post. I had complete hysterectomy (ovaries removed) July 18, 2012 and was feeling great for the first 4 weeks post op. Was on estratest gel very low dose 2 weeks after surgery. Then one day, severe vertigo hit. My doctor put me on vivelle dot .01 and while the vertigo subsided, ever since I have been battling dizziness (unbalanced feeling) for the last 2 months. Have seen ENT (mild inner ear weakness) and have been flip flopping HRTs. Went on premarin .625, then 1.25. Dizziness seemed to worsen. Went back to vivelle. Also, am on fluid pills for inner ear. Now, I have an appt. for blood work and MRI this week. So frustrated with all of this. I get headaches everyday along with dizziness, especially when I move around a lot. My doctors tell me I need to give my body time to balance out, but not sure if I can take this anymore!! It has made me pretty depressed and hopeless that this will never resolve. I keep wondering if changing dosages so frequently is helping or hurting me. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with these symptoms, though. All doctors seem to recognize is hot flashes as menopause symptoms.
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM

I had tgis when I first started I would use one method and let it ride it does take awhile and have you levels tested to see where you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register