i have a question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i have a question i have a question

Unread 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
i have a question

i have my surgery date March 19th
but my hubby while at work has been in and out of the fields practicing and other stuff getting ready for FEX ( he is in the navy and i say they go out and play in the woods,lol )

well he has given me scabies and im so scared the dr. will cancel the surgery.
i am under treatment and have a apt. with a derm on mon. and the area around my csection scar is fairly clear from the infection and ok but im still afraid im having a TAH and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Re: i have a question

I thought you got scabies from human to human (ie skin to skin) contact... not from being in the woods. Are you sure it is scabies?
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:18 PM

If it is scabies, you should be non contagious after you apply the treatment all over. If it's supposed to be used twice, be sure you do. Be sure to wash all the clothes and bedding. Your Dr or pharmacist should be able to tell you the specifics on the treatment and how to apply it, etc. I've known people who got scabies from blankets, and shared clothing, with no skin contact. It's a nasty infestation but I'd think with treatment they shouldn't cancel----but your Dr and the hospital have final say. Good luck with the scabies and your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinlife View Post
i have my surgery date March 19th
but my hubby while at work has been in and out of the fields practicing and other stuff getting ready for FEX ( he is in the navy and i say they go out and play in the woods,lol )

well he has given me scabies and im so scared the dr. will cancel the surgery.
i am under treatment and have a apt. with a derm on mon. and the area around my csection scar is fairly clear from the infection and ok but im still afraid im having a TAH and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?
Her Vegasty and Crazyinlife - Hi there.
I used to live in the midwest and when we played in the woods or even in our yards, we would get chiggers. They would burrow into any tight places like where your socks scrunched on your ankles, any tightness around underpants, shirts sleeves, etc. They burrow under the skin, bite and move on. Then, the bite begins to itch like crazy. Usually, the bug has moved before the itch. Also, they are not easy to see. The other little bug that bites, even out here in the Northwest, is the no-see-um. Really, you can see them. They are quick, but you can see the little buggers as they bite and the bite stings at first. My bet is on Chiggers! Hope you all figure this out as chiggers can itch for weeks on end.
Good luck with this one!
Hugs and warm wishes for all of our healing!
Riverann
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:23 AM

thanks yall
were down here by the beach in miss. so im not sure what they have but ive already been sick to where ive pretty much stayed indoors and only gone out driving when i had to like for grocery's and stuff.
he has been out in the fields,woods and grass and well playing solder,lol and im at lost for how i got it or what it is, i do have a dermatologist apt. on mon and cant wait to see what they say.

i have used the all over cream 2 times already and i do see a difference and well as im still itchy i have been using cortisone cream which helps a ton.

im praying and have a lot of family and friends who are praying for me so im pretty sure ill be having surgery in oh about 9 days,,, omg yikes 9 days omg how am i gonna not go crazy now,lol
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:56 AM

crazy,

Could be sand fleas down there too! Hoping the derm has you well under control and on the road to recovery soon!!!
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Sorry to hear your not well hun.
There is a product here in Australia called Pinetarsal that you put in a bath (it's yellow liquid) and it helps stop itching (great for chickenpox and measles). I'm not sure if you can get it in the US but it's worth a try.
Good Luck with it all
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:57 AM

thanks for the info i have been using cortizone cream during the day so im hoping this will be all over soon and then all i will have to worry about is surgery,lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register