My hysterectomy date is March 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My hysterectomy date is March 16 My hysterectomy date is March 16

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:57 PM
My hysterectomy date is March 16

I am scared but exhausted from pain so I am ready for the surgery on some levels.
I had an endometrial ablation 6 years ago and a month ago I began to have the most horrid pain. This pain has last all month and now has worsened again. The pain is just like a labor contraction that never stops. I believe I have post ablation syndrome. I would have never had an ablation done if I knew what I know now.
My endometrial lining grew from 0.39 in July 2011 to 6mm this month.
I am scared about the surgery but ready to be free of the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Re: My hysterectomy date is March 16

It is such a tough choice and sometime hard to wonder if we are making wise decisions.
It seems that you are at the point that the choice needs to be health and the way to get it is with surgery.
After the surgery and healing life will be much better for you...
Unread 03-10-2012, 11:25 AM

Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2012, 08:44 PM

I am sorry you are in such pain. Being this way is not a way to live - you know that better than anyone. I know that having a hysterectomy is a tough decision. You need to make the right choice for you and your health.

Everyone is scared about the surgery, no matter the reason for the hysterectomy. You are not alone in this. We are here for you and to help you through this.

Healing cyber hugs to you....

Unread 03-10-2012, 09:40 PM

My hysterectomy was February 23rd. I was scared too but was more tired of being miserable and in pain every month. And I finally realized that my uterus was serving no purpose other than to make me hurt. It has not been the easiest two weeks but I am finally starting to feel really good and normal and it is amazing! I'm sure we were all scared before and there will always be after-effects of surgery to get through but those will come to an end! This is the best support network period. Anything you can experience, I can guarantee someone else has been there and will help! Best of luck to you!!!
Unread 03-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine108 View Post
I am scared but exhausted from pain so I am ready for the surgery on some levels.
I had an endometrial ablation 6 years ago and a month ago I began to have the most horrid pain. This pain has last all month and now has worsened again. The pain is just like a labor contraction that never stops. I believe I have post ablation syndrome. I would have never had an ablation done if I knew what I know now.
My endometrial lining grew from 0.39 in July 2011 to 6mm this month.
I am scared about the surgery but ready to be free of the pain.
We share the date, March 16th.
Sounds like you have the symptoms of adenomyosis. Research it and see. I suffer from the same thing and my doctors believes that is the problem, but will not know until she is in there.
Blessings,
J
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Hey, I have post-ablation syndrome, too (except mine further complicated by having had a tubal ligation, too) and I'm also having surgery on March 16th! Good luck! I'm scared, too, but will be so happy not to have to be in constant pain. The recovery process will be nothing compared to the crummy pain I've been in for months.
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:07 PM

divine108 and SPH, make that three of us with PAS and a March 16th date! At least that is what the surgeon thinks I have. We can keep each other company this weekend.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:20 PM

Wait, gah, mine is on the 14th. I got all excited when I saw someone else with the same thing I had, I forgot my date. Oops! But yes, we can still keep each other company! :-)
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:13 AM

I am also on the 16th. I'll be thinking of
you all as they are wheeling me in.

Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register