Anxiety and fear...?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety and fear...?? Anxiety and fear...??

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Re: Anxiety and fear...??

Well I am more anxious today. It is the day before surgery. I have to be at hospital at 5:30 am surgery time is 7:30. So scared. The more I read the more scary I become. So many ranges of stories. I am having the most painful one abdominal incision. I have a large fibroid to remove and wondering if this will cause more pain. Woke up with a headache but guess I cant take anything. Guess tomorrow I wont have to worry anymore because it will all be over accept that is the post op. I just hope and pray I dont wake up in severe unmanageable pain. Thank You for the info now I have moved my getting back to work to two weeks out thanks to you all here. my original plan was one week out. Any last words of advice???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM

I am taking it easy today. I am thankful for no headache today. I had a migrain the last 2 days. It is gone today. I just have a few more loads of laundry and to help with an essay due tomorrow. I have a new book to read. I made a pound cake this morning and I am looking forward to no more pain. I am so nervous but I am trying to remind myself to breath. Rosemary have so tea today try and relax how about a nice chick flix or a walk. That is what I am going to do. I have 3 fibroids (10cm, 7cm & 5cm) I am happy to see them go! Please let me know how you make out.
Allison
Prayers to you & your surgeon
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:54 AM

Oh wow we both have surgery the same day with the same issue. Mine is the size of a full term baby. You are right need to focus on positive. I am tired of looking 9 months pregnant. I am skinny all over accept my stomach and to old to have a baby LOL. I just washed my sheets. I am very thankful to have someone who has taken all my work files so I wont have to worry so much about them. I am a workaholic and own my own business. i do not know how to relax and cant imagine what it will be to be in bed for days. I am worried about losing clients and being out of it to long. Going to eat light today maybe I will go to beach later and take a walk. That always relaxes me. Good luck to you as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM

Ladies - take a deep breath and think about how much better your lives will be after this is over with. My fibroids were much smaller but I had the risk of a cancer diagnosis. Thankfully no cancer!! I am going to work next week on a part time basis. I also own my business and my employees have been wonderful. I am three weeks out and feeling so much better every day. Take care of yourself - this is your time to be pampered. Rosemary - your pain will be manageable. Don't be afraid to take your pain meds. Think of how great your 'new' body will be when this is behind you. I will be thinking about all of you tomorrow. HUGS
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Good luck and wishing and praying all goes well for you tomorrow! please write as soon as you get back, I will see you on the post-op board, my surgery is Thursday, and I had a tough couple of days, feeling better now and not so scared. Blessings and we will talk soon again!
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Thank,you everyone. I have this horrible headache that i think i have brought,on by stress. i did not eat much today. Did the enema took my shower and trying to rest. Have to wake up at 4 shower wash hair and be at hospital at 5 30. I am actually wondering if people back ojt,at the,last minute. Maybe keeping,that thing,in,there is,not such a bad idea? These,are the,thoughts going,thru,my head. As soon as i am able i will post,a,message. Thank you for your,prayers.
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM

My surgery is scheduled for Wed 14th at 2pm. I am scared and even more anxious after reading how indesposed and fatigued everyone is. I don't see my husband understanding. I have to have an abdominal due to the size of the fibroids and am not sure how much else will have to be taken---it depends on what they find as the fibroids have grown after menopause. I live in a 2 story house with no downstairs shower so am extra concerned
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Not sure but maybe after a week you will be able to walk upstairs? what did the dr say? They say walking is good but not sure about stairs. I know I am scared about the fatigue but we will have to deal with it. Strange how everyone says the fatigue hits you. I wish you the best. Ask your dr about those stairs. I am having surgery tomorrow and no one even asked me if I had a two story house? not the dr or the hospital???
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Rosemary,
No one asked me if I have stairs at home either. I think my doctor relied in me having common sense and judging for myself what I was capable of doing. Generally speaking, you will know what you're able to do. If you misjudge, you will pay for it the next day and that's how we learn
Don't worry about waking up in pain, you will be getting meds through your IV before you even wake up. The pain isn't terrible, you're more sore and uncomfortable and get odd twinges and tugging feelings. It does hurt to cough, sneeze and have the first BM, but it's not terrible.

You can do this ladies, and you'll be just fine! Remember you have the support of all us sisters who have gone before you!
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM

The doctor says that I should be OK if I take them slowly but everyone else tells horror stories and says I should plan on sleeping on the couch so I do not know who to believe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register